Monday, May 4, 2009

New Approach


I'm trying a new approach this year. Most of you know that my mom, Sandy Carr, lost her battle with Breast Cancer 3 years ago. If you know that, then most likely you also know that each year we memorialize her by supporting the City of Hope Walk for Hope to Cure Breast Cancer. Each year I ask you to donate, I give you plenty of time, and plenty of reminder emails.

I'm doing things different this year. I'm asking you to go -right now- and get your wallet. Then, click the link at the bottom of this post. Next: DONATE! Every year, without fail, many of you email me after the deadline, so sad that you missed it! Don't make that mistake. The walk is this Saturday! If you don't donate now, you may never do it.

The City of Hope is an amazing hospital where my mom received a stem cell transplant which gave her 12 more full years of life before her passing. She stayed there for a month during the treatment - the hospital and its staff were amazing! It is also a research hospital, devoted largely to breast cancer research. Here's a little more info:

City of Hope’s dedicated health care and research staff are committed to patients and their families to live longer and better lives. Our pioneering science already has led to therapies such as Herceptin which targets the most aggressive breast cancers without affecting normal cells. Our scientific team engaged in trials that transformed treatment from radical mastectomy to breast conservation, and advanced the adoption of chemotherapy and hormonal therapy for patients.
Breast cancer is the second leading cause of death among women. Roughly 1 in 8 women will develop breast cancer in her lifetime which means you likely know women - wives, mothers, sisters and friends - who will be diagnosed with breast cancer.

Thanks to the very generous past donations of our friends and family, we have raised over $15,000 for the City of Hope. Together, we are helping to kick cancer's butt!

Please help me show the City of Hope my appreciation for those extra years that I got to spend with my mom, and in turn, help others share precious time with their loved ones.

You can donate or walk with us.

Walk for Hope Information:
The Sandy's Hope team is participating in the 3k Fun Walk. (If you want to show off, you can do a longer walk or a run. We like to go slow and chat.)

Saturday, May 9, 2009
7:15 a.m. - Registration Opens
8:00 a.m. - Ceremony Begins
8:30 a.m. - Walk Begins

Start Location:
University of San Diego
5998 Alcala Park
San Diego, CA 92110

Registration Fee:
Adults - $30
Children (12 and under) - $20

If you want to walk with our team, or donate $$$ click here: http://bit.ly/2DwFVo

To walk with us: Click "Join Team" in pink at the top and follow the directions.

To donate $$$, click my name and follow the directions.

Thank you so much for your support!

1 comments:

Staci Kramer said...

Okay, I did it and it felt so good to donate to such a great cause! Thanks for giving me the opportunity, Megan, otherwise it would have never crossed my mind. Have a great time at the walk!