Monday, May 11, 2009

Super fun!

The girls and I drove down to San Diego on Friday(and had the WORST drive ever...had to stop 6 times because of lame car issues...and had to drive the whole way without AC and without the radio) for the Walk for Hope on Saturday morning. My sister and her hubs made awesome sweat bands and knee high socks for everyone on our fundraising team. And team Sandy's Hope rocked it! My sister did a great job with her fundraising, but this was the first year that the team really came through and raised a bunch of money as well! Enjoy the pics:
Photobucket
Emma and Mckenna

Photobucket


Photobucket
Mckenna and Uncle Jed

Photobucket
Aunt Shannie and Emma

Photobucket
Shan, Em, Me

Photobucket
Emma with her note to Grammy on the memory quilt

Photobucket
Mckenna and her note to Grammy

Photobucket
Team Sandy's Hope!

Photobucket
sisters

Photobucket


Photobucket
Mckenna, Me, Brooke, Shannon, Emma
And what trip to San Diego would be complete without a visit to the beach(even though it was freezing...)

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

All Done!!
Photobucket

And less than 24 hours after we arrived, we packed back up and headed home! Luckily the girls conked out before we hit the freeway and slept the entire 6 hour drive home, making the way back MUCH less eventful than the way there!
If you haven't had the chance to donate to the City of Hope, please click the link on the top right of this page to donate and take part with us in the fight against cancer!

6 comments:

Shannon said...

You got some really great pictures! Look for mine on Facebook soon. Miss you guys already.

Staci Kramer said...

Looks like so much fun! Except the drive. I can't even imagine how miserable that trip would be with kids and no AC or music... you are one committed woman! By the way Jack was SO EXCITED to see McKenna at the YMCA the other day. We need to go together! I'm doing Zumba tomorrow at 11. Maybe I'll see ya there!

Megan said...

How fun!! Looks a little chilly though! I guess that's good for the walk, bad for the beach!

Kara said...

I'm glad you were able to go and support your family, and how fun that your girls got to come, too!! Love the cute pics with all of you and your pink head bands. Your girls are both so cute and crack me up quite often when I see them at church with their enthusiasm and energy!! :)
We went to FL last week to see Chris's niece, I was surprised how WARM the beaches were because I know how San Diego is this time of year!!

Chelsey Howard said...

So fun. I heard about your adventure on the way up:( you poor thing:( But I'm glad you guys made it safe. Your girls are so cute, and so is your sister! I've never seen her before:) I'm glad the fundraiser went well:)

the speers said...

So jealous, I want to go to San Diego for the weekend! Your girls are so cute!--ok, and I love the pink sweat bands and socks!!

OK, so YOU WON!! :D Send me an email, chiraspeers@gmail.com, and we'll work out the deets! :D I'm excited to make a cute shirt for you [or one of your kids, I'm assuming! :D lol]