Saturday, May 30, 2009

Happy Campers


We went camping last weekend at Picachu State Rec Area on the Colorado River, just north of Yuma with our good friends, Burke and Amber. Here's a fantastic summary of our trip:
Survived the camping trip: 2 bee stings, 1 mountain lion, many wild donkeys(whose footsteps I thought were from a bad guy coming to kill us in the middle of the night)1 near drowning, brakes went out on crazy mountain road, hit one large bird (owl? hawk?), drove on 2 non-roads(one was washed out, one really wasn't a road), woken by coveys of quail, no cell service and to top it off - my hubby wants to do it all over again!
Photobucket
My happy Camper

Photobucket
Mckenna spilled OJ all down her shirt and decided to clean it herself!

Photobucket


Photobucket
Ready for a bike ride!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
My friend Kristin just informed me this is a Tarantula Hawk Wasp...with the 2nd most painful stinger in the world...and they were ALL OVER our campsite!! Wiki it...they're crazy!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
Emma...my daredevil!

Photobucket
Hot dogs

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
Gone Fishin'

Photobucket
Sweetie boy.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
Tyler and Mckenna were best buds!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
Isn't Brooklyn adorable?

Photobucket

The actual "camping" part of our trip was AWEsome...it was everything else, especially the drive there that was so terrible.

5 comments:

Rebekah said...

I would have totally thought bad guys in the night too. Looks like an awesome time.

Unknown said...

I can't believe that bug has the second worst sting in the world, freaky!! I'm so glad I didn't know that then! I'm up for camping again, but maybe where it's cooler....and has a road....and no bugs...is that too much to ask? :)

Amber and Co. said...

Whoops Burke's gmail was signed in and I didn't realize it. :)

Chelsey Howard said...

Looks like fun, but I'm not so fond of the death bug:) I'm glad you guys survived! And while I'm looking at all of your camping pictures I marvel at how clean you and the kids are. Your camping, how do they stay clean? The dirty part and bugs and peeing in the wilderness is what throws me off when it comes to camping.

Brooke said...

All the more reasons to justify my strong distaste for camping. Hotels were invented for a reason...especially 4 star hotels!