Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Ten Years

10 years ago I married my best friend.

9 years ago he gave me my first child and I felt the greatest love possible.

8 years ago he showed me how to pick blackberries and my world will never be the same.

7 years ago he brought a little bit of heaven to earth with me as we welcomed our second daughter.

6 years ago he brought me back to Cali to be close to my family.

5 years ago he carried me through the loss of both of my parents.

4 years ago he gave me an angel for a son.

3 years ago he showed me he his faith and trust in me as his partner.

2 years ago he took me to the other side of the world to bring home a suffering child.

1 year ago he gave me a glimpse of his biggest dreams and he began to work toward them.

And in this, our tenth year he helped me learn about sacrifice and the blessings that can come as we keep our priorities in line with what the Lord has taught us. Here's to a lifetime of loving, learning, and finding joy in our family. I love you, Ian.

4 comments:

The Greer Family said...

That was a beautiful post! Happy Anniversary, you two!

Chelsey Howard said...

Very cute post Megan!! Hope you guys are loving Seattle. its so pretty there

Sheila said...

I got chills as I read your highlights of your past ten years! I think you are both spectacular people and I feel special to have witnessed "the first" jump in the car, let's hang-out, meeting!!! LOVE YOU BOTH!!! Happy Anniversary!

Jandellyn Ward said...

How beautiful!