Saturday, October 4, 2008

Heaven & Chicken


Emma decided tonight to tell me what she hopes heaven is like:
"Mommy, I'll try not to forget what I hope heaven's like. [Me: What do you think it's like(while I whip out the laptop to catch this in writing)] It's only grass... and there's a lake in the back. And bushes behind the lake. I think I might want to go swimming when I'm in heaven. And flowers on the bush. I think everybody might be swimming already. I think Jesus is swimming! I really want to see what Jesus looks like. I really want to see Grammy and Kelly(our dog)."

I was cooking a whole chicken in our GF Rotisserie the other day. Emma walked up to it and asked what it was. Here's our convo:

Me: It's chicken
Emma: No, I mean, like what kind of chicken...like cow, or pig, or goat...you know.
Me: Emma, it's a chicken. Like the bird.
Emma: COOL!! I can see the leg and the tail!
Me: Yep the whole thing is there, except the head.
Emma: Awesome! I can see where its head was. Oh! And there's a wing! Mommy, can I have a wing?
Me:(I can't believe she thinks this is cool! I was totally grossed out!) Whatever you want, babe.

She's a keeper.

2 comments:

Chelsey Howard said...

That is so cute, her little story about Heaven:) Sound like a fun place to me:) And that is crazy that she was so at ease with the whole chicken thing, at least she doesn't get grossed out easily:)

Unguren said...

I think Jesus swimming would be interesting. I won't lie I'd like to see that.