Thursday, January 1, 2009

MY 12 Days of Christmas

12 marshmallow guns
11 loads of laundry(total understatement)
10 kids to play with
9 days of house guests
8 vomiting family members(but only one fainter)
7 meals made by me
6 sets of sheets to wash
5 trips to the store
4 loaves of bread
3 toilets to sanitize
2 trips to the park
1 messy house

As crazy and busy as things have been, I'm sad it's all over. Ian's entire family was here for Christmas, split between our house and his sister, Megan's house. There were 20 people. They arrived Christmas Eve and left today. There was a nasty flu that hit over half of us...amazingly Taya, Megan, and I (all moms of little sick kids) were safe. We ate tons of food, played lots of Rockband, Mario Kart, and Settlers of Cataan, stayed up many late nights, opened lots of presents, and laughed a lot. The kids all got along pretty well, we didn't have any ER trips(even though Shan did pass out), and only one of my Christmas ornaments was broken. I might post pictures later...but for now...I'm worn out and still have plenty of laundry, vacuuming, and de-cluttering to do. Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Megan said...

I got it too.....it hit me yesterday. Ugh.

Megan said...

Oh, and James told me that our water softener ran 3 times in 1 week! Usually it goes off once every 2 weeks.

Amber and Co. said...

yuck,all that sickness! I'm glad it was still a good Christmas in spite of that! We'll have to talk soon when it calms down for you.

Brooke said...

That's a cute little poem. I may have to put something like it in my newsletter.