Friday, May 23, 2008

3 Day


Most of you know I'm planning on walking the 3 Day Breast Cancer walk this fall. Before we moved, I had registered for the San Diego 3 Day. Until today, I had still planned on attending that walk. But since the walk is almost 24 weeks away, and since I want to do the 24 week training program, I signed online to get some resources and possible training buddies. After an hour on the site I have decided to switch to the Arizona 3 Day, which is the week before the San Diego walk. There are plenty of obvious reasons why I switched so I won't go into that. My main purpose of this post is to let everyone know that I will be doing this in AZ. If anyone wants to walk with me, I would SO love to have you. It is (obviously) 3 days of walking 20 miles a day for a total of 60 miles. The walk provides you with food, tents, cots, etc so all you have to worry about is walking. I am SOOO pumped and excited for this. Since it's getting hotter, I won't be training outside until it gets cooler, but I would love to have others join me and we can work something out. This is a huge commitment and I'm selfishly going to say I'm not going to wait on anyone. I am SO out of shape so it will take me a while to get to where I need to be physically and I really want to focus myself. This is the first year since I've been married that I haven't been nursing, pregnant, or taking care of my mom and I am so stoked to finally be able to do this. I'm starting to ramble...Anyway... We are going to Hawaii next week but as soon as we return - walking is going to take over my life! :)
-

P.S. Oh yeah... and I am going to begin vehemently begging for your donations so be prepared to fork out the dough. I'm totally serious. I will not stop until I receive some sort of donation from every person I know. Get ready.

4 comments:

Shannon B said...

Good for you for being SOOO motivated. If I lived in Arizona and wasn't pregnant, I would LOVE to walk with you...seriously. I love walking, it would be awesome!!! I hope you get some takers!!!

BTW: How was your AI party the other night. I kept waiting for you post to see how you liked the results or if they shocked you. I thought Archie was going to win, so I was surprised, but am glad Cook won. I wish I could have came to join the party, that would have been awesome fun!

Anonymous said...

Good For You Sister!!!!!!!!! xo

shannon j said...

A lady I worked with a couple years ago did that in Seattle. She said it was a great expereince but her feet did hurt. So I hope you have comfy shoes. I wish I could join you, I would love to do something like that.

Brooke said...

I'll start saving my money now since you'll be sucking me dry soon! :) Brooke