Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Blahbitty Blah

Here's what's going on in my brain right now:

  • I have a love/hate relationship with this weather right now. While I LOVE going swimming in my 85 degree pool, I HATE going to pick up Emma from school in 110 degree weather. I'm just guessing that's how hot it is since my thermometer says it's 107 in the shade. Ken and I had a fabulous afternoon swimming and I can't wait for Emma to come home so we can go again. And David will be awake by then so we can all go.

  • Did anyone watch House last night? Yeah...I had just about the best cry I've had in a long time. Ugh what a depressing show. At least Dr. House is still alive. And apparently husbands can be trained. Instead of making fake sobbing noises like he usually does when a fictional show is sad, Ian threw some tissues in my lap. What a guy, huh? Yeah, I think I'll keep him.

  • We have a really old dog. I think she's 14 years old(the other one is a year younger). She's pretty healthy other than her poor hearing and weak back legs/sense of balance. However just a few minutes ago she started doing this wierd snorting thing with her nose and kinda shaking her head and wiggling her body...all in slow-mo. If it were any other dog I would think it was funny. But honestly...I sat there wondering, "Is this it? Is she going to die right now?" And I decided I don't think I could handle that. (She's totally fine, I have no idea what her problem was)

  • Hey Queen Creekers...Come to my AI night!! If I didn't call you it's because of my stupidity....not because I don't like you. So come to my house Wed(tomorrow) at 7pm to watch the American Idol finale. And bring a snack or a treat to share! You can even bring a friend. :)

2 comments:

Chelsey Howard said...

Oh my gosh I don't know what I would do if an animal ever died around me! I hope your poor dog lives forever so you don't have to deal with that. And I agree about the weather. Luckily there's only 3 really bad months (June, July and August). But think of it this way, your getting great exercise in the pool:)

Amber and Co. said...

I thought HOUSE was SOO good last night! Burke thought it was awful. I thought they did a great job killing amber off. And so tragic for poor Wilson who has issues already! And House showed real feeling for someone! IT was great! Ian cracks me up with throwing you tissues!

Sorry about your poor dog. I hope she's not suffering.

And the heat...I love it. But, I wish I had a pool to jump in to help cool us off. I expect the summer to be hot, but it's hard to jump in the car to do a quick errand when you know you'll be sweating like crazy for those few minutes.

See ya tomorrow!