Friday, August 29, 2008

IDK, my BFF Jill? And a few more ramblings




I picked up Emma from school on Tuesday and she started telling me a story about a boy at her school. These are the words that came out of her mouth:

"And then, my BFF said..."

?!?!?!? She said BFF!!! My six year old is speaking in text language! When I asked her if she knew what BFF meant, she shrugged her shoulders and said, "Best friend?" So when I explained that it had two F's and the last one meant forever, she said, "OK, then Porter(the boy at school) is my BFF, and his friend is just my BF.

Then, yesterday when I picked her up she said she wasn't in her BBF Porter's "club" anymore for some reason I can't remember. Apparently there are clubs in first grade. I can't wait 'till she's in high school. Somebody shoot me.

For anyone in the Phoenix area...Holy lightning Batman! Last night was awesome. I guess there were 100mph winds closer to Phoenix. We didn't have the insane wind, but the sky lit up like a Christmas tree last night! To the North, East, South, and West - anywhere you looked in the sky it was beautiful. And nonstop. Our house shook pretty hard a few times while I was trying to fall asleep. Thankfully all of my kids slept right through it, but our dog went a little crazy.

I have decided that I am going to be sore for the rest of my life. Since I started going to the gym I have had to struggle to walk down my stairs every night. I love it...well I hate it, but I love it. And I've loved going to the gym. It sounds so weird to hear myself say that - since I've loathed any form of physical exertion ever since I can remember. I remember deciding some time in high school that I was going to be a very large woman when I grew up because I loved food and hated exercising, but very much wanted to have babies. Well - after having babies - I still love food but somehow have developed a love of exercising. For the first couple of weeks, each time I went I would add a little more time to my cardio, a little more pounds to my weight, and a little more reps to my lifts. Now I'm at the point where I have to almost tear myself away. I haven't lost any weight and I'm obviously more hungry every day, but I just love the way it feels to be able to push myself. And just the fact that I'm spending time on me, all by myself, with no time restrictions, no screaming kids, and nothing to stop me but myself has felt great. The only downside to this is that I am sore all...the...time. ALL the time! Do you ever reach a point that you can exercise and not die when you crawl out of bed the next morning? I'll let you know.

I have a check up with my foot doctor today. They've been much better since I got the orthotic inserts. I'm still supposed to be going to physical therapy, but I feel like I'm just too busy right now. Especially since Mckenna will start preschool next week(which she is so excited for!).

Right now Mckenna is downstairs by herself yelling at something or someone in her "man" voice. For any of you who have had the pleasure of hearing this you will see the humor in it. I'm going to miss her when she's at preschool. But we'll be trading with the preschool teacher's son...so David will have a play buddy and they're the exact same age so I'm sure I'll be doubly(is that a word?) entertained.

I'm off to get my stinky stank in the shower. Hope you all had a great week and happy Friday!

6 comments:

Dan~Kerst~Bree~Bryce~Braden~Briggs~Brooklyn said...

Good for you! I used to run and work out regularly. :( I am just getting back into it. I went to our Rec center this morning and after my cardio session I went to the weight room. I wanted to do more but I didn't want to pay for another hour of babysitting. It is a good feeling!

shannon j said...

I feel the same way about going to the gym. I love it. Well most days that is... there are always those days that I force myself to go. It's really become my form of stress relief...when I don't go I feel way more stressed and I don't sleep as good.

Oh and BTW... I was totally using the term BFF before texts were even thought of.

Ruth said...

you need to get the book i have it is awesome it is by jillian from the Biggest loser. amazing and so fun--yes i said fun to do the workouts at the gym. and btw that story was w2c. i am making up my own text words way 2 cute

Chelsey Howard said...

You are so cute:) Yeah, Shea is so excited for preschool too:) Amber is so cute:) And I'm sure you'll have your hands full with both the boys:) I wish I loved working out, but its hard cause my kids are so little and I don't like leaving them until they are 1! I just like the results of working out:)

Sheila said...

hmmmm, I'm eating Rocky Road right now while I read your blog about EXERCISING...something is definitely wrong here.

Brooke said...

I love that you just knew at a young age that you would be a "big woman" and were fine with it. How funny is that?! As a fellow gym-goer myself, the soreness does actually wear off so long as you keep going regularly. But, I definitely notice when my trips dip below 3 times a week. Then I feel it again. Shannon was here tonight for dinner and told me the BFF story. We both agree that the expression was around when we were kids, as we were BFF's. However, that is hilarious that your 6 year old is talking in acronymns.