Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day!!

Shannon over at Rocks In My Dryer has posted a fun little meme, and I decided to play along(do I seem bored to you?). Here's what she says:

"In honor of Labor Day, it's about...well, labor. And not the kind you get a day off for, either."

How long were your labors?
Emma: 6 hours
Mckenna: 6 hours
David: 8 hours

Where did you deliver?
E: U of U Hospital, Salt Lake City, UT
M: U of U Hospital, Salt Lake City, UT
D: Rancho Springs Medical Center, Murrieta, CA

How did you know you were in labor?
E: Induced. And even then it took a couple of hours to kick in
M: Induced. Had already been having contractions for a few weeks and they intensified over the next hour.
D: Water broke. I mean gushed. Ever seen Niagara Falls? Yeah, something like that.

Drugs?
Ufortunately yes...with all 3. And each time I went as long as I could without them, but ended up needing them. David's was the worst, though, because I got "the shakes." And they intensified during each contraction. I've never felt more out of control in my life.

C-section?
Thankfully, no.

Who delivered?
E: Dr. Raymond Doucette - the best old Grandpa man ever.
M: Dr. Doucette
D: Dr. Charles Yang - Asian man - small hands. 'Nuff said. Although he almost didn't make it to David's birth. I don't think I would have waited for him, but my sister wasn't there either, so I held that big baby in for a full hour. And as soon as the doctor and my sister came in, I lifted my legs and my 9 pound baby popped right out!

Anyone else want to play?

2 comments:

Chelsey Howard said...

Well I would hope you had drugs! I feel so sorry for the women who don't get them! That's crazy that your longest labor was 8 hrs. you are lucky. Well as lucky as a woman in labor can be anyways:) P.S. I'm inviting a few girls to come over Friday for lunch around 11 you wanna come?

Carrie said...

I got the shakes, too!!!! With Lainey. Freaked me out. And I already had my epidural. I'm with chelsey howard. 8 hours is SO short compared to my labors... lucky girl, Megan!