This is a cute idea. Copy this note, ask your child the questions and write them down exactly how they respond.
Interview with Mckenna - 4, and Emma - 6
1. What is something mom always says to you?
Emma: That you're sorry for being mean to me. (Nice, Em. Thanks)
2. What makes mom happy?
Kenna: Doing something good and helping you.
Emma: When we're obedient.
3. What makes mom sad?
Kenna: That we don't choose the right.
Emma: When we're naughty.
4. How does your mom make you laugh?
Kenna: Tickling me.
Emma: Say funny things.
5. What was your mom like as a child?
Kenna: A toy.
Emma: A good playful girl.
6. How old is your mom?
Kenna: Fifty fifty. No, SIXTY SIX!
Emma: 27 (good girl!)
7. How tall is your mom?
Kenna: So big.
Emma: Ten feet!
8. What is her favorite thing to do?
Kenna: Play a game.
Emma: Work out.
9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
Kenna: Go potty.
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
Kenna: Getting baptised.
Emma: Because you're good at plays. Like stuff you act at.
11. What is your mom really good at?
Kenna: Excercising. And stretching.
Emma: Working out at the gym.
12. What is your mom not very good at?
Kenna: Doing things by yourself.
Emma: Being nice to your kids. (I said, I'm not good at that? She said, "You always yell at us!" Apparently I have some things to work on...or maybe they do!)
13. What does your mom do for her job?
Kenna: Clean up.
Emma: Have a dinner group...No! Work out at the gym, even though I already said it.
14. What's your mom's favorite food?
Emma: Grilled cheese.
Now you give me some Fuji apples AND grilled cheese and I'm a happy camper.
15. What makes you proud of your mom?
Kenna: Playing games.
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Kenna: The dog.
Emma: Hannah Montana.
17. What do you and your mom do together?
Kenna: Play a game.
Emma: Have fun and play games(I'm surprised she didn't say yell at each other).
18. How are you and your mom the same?
Kenna: We have the same skin.
Emma: We both have two hands.
19. How are you and your mom different?
Kenna: Because we have different hair.
Emma: You have brown eyes, I have blue.
20. How do you know your mom loves you?
Kenna: Because you love me to the moon and back.
Emma: Because you tell me that every night.
21. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
Kenna: To a mall that has movies.
So, apparently I yell too much, work out at the Y an awful lot, and would make a great cartoon dog. At least my kids know I love them! :)