Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Adorable Interview

This is a cute idea. Copy this note, ask your child the questions and write them down exactly how they respond.

Interview with Mckenna - 4, and Emma - 6


Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


1. What is something mom always says to you?
Kenna: NO!
Emma: That you're sorry for being mean to me. (Nice, Em. Thanks)

2. What makes mom happy?
Kenna: Doing something good and helping you.
Emma: When we're obedient.

3. What makes mom sad?
Kenna: That we don't choose the right.
Emma: When we're naughty.

4. How does your mom make you laugh?
Kenna: Tickling me.
Emma: Say funny things.

5. What was your mom like as a child?
Kenna: A toy.
Emma: A good playful girl.

6. How old is your mom?
Kenna: Fifty fifty. No, SIXTY SIX!
Emma: 27 (good girl!)

7. How tall is your mom?
Kenna: So big.
Emma: Ten feet!

8. What is her favorite thing to do?
Kenna: Play a game.
Emma: Work out.

9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
Kenna: Go potty.
Emma: Work.

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
Kenna: Getting baptised.
Emma: Because you're good at plays. Like stuff you act at.

11. What is your mom really good at?
Kenna: Excercising. And stretching.
Emma: Working out at the gym.

12. What is your mom not very good at?
Kenna: Doing things by yourself.
Emma: Being nice to your kids. (I said, I'm not good at that? She said, "You always yell at us!" Apparently I have some things to work on...or maybe they do!)

13. What does your mom do for her job?
Kenna: Clean up.
Emma: Have a dinner group...No! Work out at the gym, even though I already said it.

14. What's your mom's favorite food?
Kenna: Apples.
Emma: Grilled cheese.
Now you give me some Fuji apples AND grilled cheese and I'm a happy camper.

15. What makes you proud of your mom?
Kenna: Playing games.
Emma: Nice.

16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Kenna: The dog.
Emma: Hannah Montana.

17. What do you and your mom do together?
Kenna: Play a game.
Emma: Have fun and play games(I'm surprised she didn't say yell at each other).

18. How are you and your mom the same?
Kenna: We have the same skin.
Emma: We both have two hands.

19. How are you and your mom different?
Kenna: Because we have different hair.
Emma: You have brown eyes, I have blue.

20. How do you know your mom loves you?
Kenna: Because you love me to the moon and back.
Emma: Because you tell me that every night.

21. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
Kenna: To a mall that has movies.
Emma: YMCA!

So, apparently I yell too much, work out at the Y an awful lot, and would make a great cartoon dog. At least my kids know I love them! :)

12 comments:

shannon j said...

Oh wow...Ken's answers were cracking me up. I love how she said you were a toy when you were a child. What a fun thing to do.

Rebekah said...

That is so incredibly funny! I'm going to ask my kids these questions tomorrow. I don't think Spencer will be understandable, but Lauren will. (Fuji apples are my favorite too.)

Lauren said...

This is hilarious! I can't wait to ask my kids questions like this. My favorite is that Kenna thinks you go to the bathroom when you're not around. Too funny.
And I'm so impressed that your kids think you work out a ton (which I'm sure is no lie). When my kids are old enough to talk they will say things like, "eats lots of cookies and fried stuff and sits on the couch all day."
Thanks for posting this! Made my evening.

Shannon B said...

haha...I posted my blog and then I read yours...I guess we are on the same wavelength. we are twins. don't you wish we could be as creative as our kids? :0)

Dan~Kerst~Bree~Bryce~Braden~Briggs~Brooklyn said...

CUTE! I love those shows where they ask kids questions. It is so fun hearing what their perception on things is.

Chelsey Howard said...

that is adorable, I'm totally gonna do that with Shea:) Yeah they did say work out a lot, no wonder why your so skinny.

Anonymous said...

Where did you get the expression "Willie off the Pickle Boat"? My mother and grandmother have been using the expression for at least 50 years. I've traced it back about a hundred years

Megan said...

Kids are so honest....it's funny. I'll have to do this with my kids!

Jessica said...

Very cute. It made me laugh. I want to ask Jenna these questions. I think I will probably get similar answers. Your girls are so much fun.

Erin said...

This is so stinking cute!!! I'm laughing out loud sitting here at my computer all by myself. :) Thanks so much for the comment you left on my blog! I've had so much fun "meeting" people in blog-world. You have a beautiful family! Congrats on your referral - maybe we'll be heading to Ethiopia about the same time! I look forward to reading more!!

Brooke said...

That's precious!

Shannon said...

Some of my favorites:
You were a toy.
You always "hold it" when the kids are around.
You have very scared children -always in fear of being disobedient or naughty. (jk!)
You were a good girl when you were little (Ha! Just wait til I share a few stories with them when they are older...)
You are famous like John the Baptist.
Emma is sick of you saying that you love her.

This was a great reminder that Mckenna says the funniest things. It's an interesting insight into Emma, though.