Sunday, March 1, 2009

My baby's 2!

Yesterday was David's 2nd birthday! I can't believe he's so old.

The night before his birthday I was putting him in his crib and actually got a little teary eye-ed thinking that two years ago I didn't even know what a sweet, funny, amazing little flirt I was going to be blessed with.

This little boy just melts my heart. I still call him my "baby" and have a hard time believing he's 2! He is so loving and funny!

He gives the best hugs and every now and then he will walk up to someone, grab their cheeks and say "(fill in the person's name) kiss," and then he'll just lay one on them. He seems to give Mckenna the most.

And when we're walking up the stairs at bedtime he says "Kenna Emma kiss. Gnight!" He has to climb in their beds and kiss them before he goes to bed.

He's also always trying to make other people laugh. He loves babies and animals and wants to hold them and kiss them too.

So Happy Birthday to my lovable, huggable, heartthrob son! I love you buddy!

Enjoy the pics:


Photobucket

Buzz Lightyear Planet cake!
Photobucket


Photobucket

Blue Mouth Brody!
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Presents!
Photobucket


Photobucket

Toy Story toys
Photobucket

Playin with Uncle Vinnie
Photobucket

My cute preggo Kelli!
Photobucket

Brodes rockin out
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Thanks so much to everyone who came to celebrate with us - Especially Chris and Vinnie for driving all the way from Cali just for my little man! I can't wait till you guys live closer!

10 comments:

Rebekah said...

Happy Birthday David! I can't believe he's two already. Time flies. Such fun pictures.

Chelsey Howard said...

Oh that is so sweet, I love when kids are cuddly and sweet, especially to thier siblings:) I'm glad he had a fun B-day:)

Brooke said...

wow, it seems like just yesterday we were having your baby shower at my house! I can't believe it's already 2 years! Crazy! And what's this talk about Kris moving to Arizona?

gma said...

WOW....the cake turned out great! And some of the pictures of David remind me of another little guy I knew when he was two.

Staci Kramer said...

You are my new hero. I LOVE your blog. What a cute family! I have told your "smell my hand" story five times since I heard it on Saturday. You are hilarious.

Dan~Kerst~Bree~Bryce~Braden~Briggs~Brooklyn said...

AHHHH! It seems like he just turned 1!

Unknown said...

Such cute pictures!! Happy Birthday little guy, oh and he looked so cute in his little outfit! Miss you guys.

Sheila said...

The cake turned out so great!! Very cute, good job mom!

Amber and Co. said...

Happy Birthday David. He really is so adorable and sweet. :) Love the cake and cupcakes they look great.

Staci Kramer said...

Okay, I guess I should just get your real email address and phone number so that we can be best friends properly, instead of a totally blog comment based friendship. I am DYING to hear your Jay Leno story and I just spent an hour pouring over your adoption blog. We have so many similarities. We were in the process to adopt from the state last year. We finished the home study and background checks blah blah blah... It was a nightmare and in the end it didn't work because our agency screwed up royally and I had Abe and was not in a position to spend 10 hours a day on the bureaucracy anymore. We will pick it up again, when the time is right, but I wanted to talk to you about Ethiopia. I know that it is in our future to adopt, I just don't know when and where from etc. This totally got my desire flowing again. I can't think about babies with no mommy. It makes me too sad and I want to take them all. Okay I'll stop rambling... my number is 480 248 4719