Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Paddy's!

My cousin in law, Carrie has some awesome limericks up on her blog. She did it last year and had so much fun that she did it again. I know I can't compare, but I had fun trying!!


There once was a girl from the Valley
Who always seemed to dilly dally
When her husband lost his job
He began to work for the mob(read:mob wars on facebook)
And she wonders why they ever left Cali

There once was a girl, Emma Lou
When she saw a baby she'd coo
But now there's a brother
Yes, now another
And our house will for sure be a zoo

My daughter has love for Spiderman
When grown she'll be him if she can
But one thing I know
She cannot slay foes
For when she saw a spider she ran

My lover boy is from Seattle
When dating we had many battles
But now we are happy
This poem's too sappy
Guess I'll hop back up on my saddle

I once knew a cousin named Carrie
Long road trips with her can be scary
I wish she lived closer
I miss her the most-er(go with it)
I'll go shave my legs cuz they're hairy
(Sorry I was kind of rhymed out...But I did shave my legs this morning...)

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Megan, you are awesome. LOVED your limericks! Happy St Pats!

Rogers said...

That's pretty good!!! I'm *really* bad at rhyming, so I'm not even going to try :o)

Kari said...

That's actually really cute! Nicely done! I hope you're feeling better and thanks for the advice on my blog about Kali's hair! I just love your girls beautiful hair! Your kids are ADORABLE! I wish we lived closer to you guys!

Shannon said...

Also wondering why you ever left Cali. Very impressive rhyming.

Shannon said...

PS - I might use these in class when we do rhyme.