Sunday, December 7, 2008

Farfegnugen

I realized that when I posted all of the Halloween and California pics, I skipped over all of the ones in between. Here they are, plus my trip with Ian to Sedona. (More recent pics to come in another post)

The Friday after we got back from Cali, Ian took David camping with the Young Men in our stake. They got to camp at the Casa Grande Municipal Airport - how fun is that? The YM were taken up one at a time in tiny little planes(don't ask me what they were called!). David was too little, but was more than happy to just be surrounded by airplanes, and to see them take off, land, and fly around in the sky.

Every night when we finish with family prayer and scriptures, we tell the girls to go get in their beds. 8 times out of 10, David climbs into Mckenna's bed, pulls the covers up, and waits for us to come in - with a big smile on his face. He thinks he's hilarious. So one of those nights, Ian decided that meant David was ready for his big boy bed. I totally rolled my eyes at the idea, but decided to let Ian have his fun. I assumed David would either climb out of bed right away, or be up wandering the house all night long. Either way, I figured I'd let him try it one night, and then we'd put him back in the crib the next night. I'm just not ready for him to be in a big bed...all mobile! I like that when he wakes up in the morning I can snooze a little while I listen to him waking up on the monitor. And he's so good at going to sleep. You just lay him in the crib and he's quiet. Anyway, we lay him in his bed, pull the covers up, give him his little blankie(his ni-night), give him kisses, and say good night. Initially he looked at us like he had no idea what was going on. Then he turned and snuggled into his blankie. We left the room and didn't hear another peep from him until 7 O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING!! I went in to check on him at about 6:30 and he was lying diagonally on his pillow - sound asleep. Is he not the absolute best baby in the world? OK so 20 months isn't really a baby anymore, but he's my baby. I was just so shocked that he stayed put! Ian thought that meant that David would permanently be in the bed...sorry! I'm still not ready for that step! At least we got some cute pics of it:In other related news...One night we went in to check on Emma before we went to bed and here is how we found her:
She had shoved her "greenie"(her blankie) up in her shirt! What a nut!
Here are the pics from our Sedona trip. Ian surprised me with a one-nighter, and our awesome fabulous and wonderful friends, Kelli and Lance stayed with the kids(and I'm sure baby Mia - aka Meemoo - was a big help). I'm not going to bother explaining most of the pics - especially since they're in a way random order. Just suffice it to say - we ate great food, met great people, went on great hikes and great drives, and had a great time!

Notice our blingin' sunglasses? We couldn't find our regular ones, so our Britney and Kevin ones had to suffice. :)Apparently Ian thought this was a great photo op...be grateful I didn't post the other one of me bending over looking at some rocks...I'm not sure why I'm posing like a trophy wife in this one:Ian's Velociraptor rock sculpture:

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Wow, those are beautiful pictures! How fun. It makes me nervous seeing you so high up on that rock bridge, it must be the "scared-of-heights" thing I have. You are an excellent trophy wife!

Dan~Kerst~Bree~Bryce~Braden~Briggs~Brooklyn said...

Fun! We drove through Sedona when we went to the Grand Canyon. I wish we could have stopped. What a nice hubby you have!

Anonymous said...

pretty pictures megan!

Megan said...

Seriously? No wonder you guys wanted a quiet Thanksgiving! You guys never stop going! I didn't know you guys did this? When did you have time for a trip? Wow. For the record - we would have been happy to take the kids - we are family after all...in fact we should do some overnighter trades! :)

Love the pics. We have not been to Sedona yet. Looks beautiful!

Carrie said...

I totally want to go to Sedona now. Wow. Gorgeous pictures!