Monday, December 8, 2008

More pictures....

Our camera has been stuck on the "sports" setting since Halloween, so we took it in to Best Buy and have been minus a camera for a while. Luckily, I bought a new, smaller one on Black Friday. Because I have been bombarded with picture requests(ok...two), I will now pleasure you with a blog full of just pictures....

Our neighborhood had a little mini Christmas party last weekend. Santa came riding up on a firetruck. I guess Emma didn't believe it when we said Santa would be coming out of the truck because this was her face when he did:David wasn't so sure...Emma asked for a basketball hoop and a basketball.

This was Mckenna's first year that she didn't need any prompting. She marched right up and said she wanted blue walkie talkies - I wish this girl would make up her mind, Santa can't keep returning things to Walmart!And David was still a bit unsure...
I love my cuties.
The highlight of the day was meeting the firefighters and sitting in their truck. This guy told them to call him "Uncle" so and so. Uncle? Really? As if they don't already love you, you have to go and make yourself their uncle? Creepy.
For my birthday, the kids and Ian made me this sickeningly sweet cake. And when I say sickeningly sweet, I mean...it was in the trash before the night was through. It was SO good that I knew I'd pig out on it the next day and I'd rather have it in the trash than on my love handles. It had strawberry margarita mixer in the batter and a lime frosting. SOOO good. And it was so cute! Emma decorated the left, Mckenna the right, and Ian and David did the middle. On the Saturday after Thanksgiving I surprised Ian with tickets to a hockey game. We're not sports fanatics, but we both enjoy hockey and I can't remember the last time he and I went on a date with just the two of us. It was such a fun night, I can't wait to go again!
And here are some cookies we made to deliver for turkey day. The kids loved it, Ian got the idea from some website...I think maybe Betty Crocker? That's been our fav lately. That's where he got the idea for my cake above.
Random picture I found on the memory stick...
And, in case you missed it the first time...here is another true definition of Willie off the Pickle Boat. Keep in mind that this child had zero help getting dressed that day. In fact, I told her she could wear whatever she wanted. We were just going for a walk to the park to have a picnic. And here is what she came up with(notice the Billy Bob teeth....thanks Tami, and the visor hanging from her neck, the headband wrapped around her waist, the superman cape above the headband on her waist, and she also has on pink flip flops):
The kids were playing house the other day. Emma was the mom(she always has to be the one in control) and Ken and David were her babies. I thought it was so cute that David wanted in on the action. They're pretending to be asleep. David sat there for like 5 minutes pretending to sleep with Kenna.
Mckenna loves the stickers they wear when they're at the childcare center at the Y and I'm in the gym. As soon as we get in the car she either sticks them on her forehead, her eyes, or on a finger and pretends it's her bandaid. She's such pure entertainment. This time, she insisted she go in to Walmart with it on her head, and to preschool. And just in case you haven't been entertained by her antics enough in this post...here are her mittens that she HAD to have when we went to Goodwill the other day. And lastly...is this not the most beautiful Christmas tree you've EVER seen? Seriously. 8 feet of pure Christmas joy. And it is FAT. And soooo super smelly. Ian said, "I don't think I've ever loved a Christmas tree as much as I love this one." Exactly.

9 comments:

Megan said...

Where or where did you get that tree? It is beautiful. We went with a Noble this year, we never do, but it doesn't even smell! And our 8 ft tree looks way smaller than yours....I'm so sad ours doesn't smell! I'm only going with Douglas Firs from now on!!

Megan said...

Sorry, I meant where OH where

Kari said...

Oh wow!! Love the tree Megan!! I can't beleive how much your kids are growing up. They are so stinkin cute!! Love all the updated pics! By the way..we are way excited for you guys and your adoption journey! What a neat experience! Hope you guys are doing well!!

Carrie said...

I wanna see it all decorated! The tree, I mean. And I can't believe that Santa got all suited up! And then the fireman is in shorts and short sleeves! Crazy!

Cheryl said...

Can I tell you how much I love McKenna? Any girl who wears her Spidey suit in public well into December is a girl after my own heart! Thanks for the comment on my slacker running post, that was pretty much all I needed to get going again. Tell Ian the race is on!!! (Not that he has anything to worry about, I am a super-slow runner.)

Unguren said...

First: I hope you had a great birthday!

Next: McKenna is so funny. I love the outfit and I totally understand because Laney wears some strange stuff.

Lastly: The picture of Emma standing in front of the fire engine is awesome. It's as though she is thinking in her mind "What's up wid you?" (Yes...wid.)

Sheila said...

Ok, lots to say, first of all, I love your hair dark (probably been that way for a while, but I had to tell you). Second, I love all your kids' different personalities, they make me smile and I don't even know them!! Knowing you and Ian makes it enough though, they've gotta be great. And last, that tree IS the perfect tree!!

shannon j said...

Your hair is really cute dark like that. I am getting more excited each day to come and see you!!

Brooke said...

Wow, impressive tree. I also didn't know Ian was so Martha Stewartish. Russ would NEVER suggest making cookies from a froofy website. Ian is impressively domesticated.