Sunday, December 7, 2008

It was Ms. Scarlet, in the library, with the candlestick!

For my 27th birthday last week we hosted a Murder Mystery party. It was SOOOOOO SO SOOO much fun! Seriously - I haven't laughed that hard in who knows how long. We all had characters that we had to play. There was a dinner menu, complete with recipes, invitations, a play book for each person, and lots of clues and hints. It was set in a train car in France, June of 1940.

Here are my friends Amber and Tami - AKA Barbra(the perfume heiress) and Belinda(the high society dressmaker):Ryan(Khover the secret agent)and Dave(Mal the Gangster):Mary(ruthless journalist) and Wey(pilot)Idelle(princess) and The Duke(military officer)

Barbra and Khover
Mary and Wey
Belinda and MalThe girls...funny story about this picture. It took 7 shots to finally get a picture that all of us liked and that we weren't absolutely CRACKING UP in. I'm not kidding you. We were ridiculous. And insane. And wildly maniacal.And here's my beautiful table! I was so excited to finally get the chance to use my china tableware. And my crystal!
It was really a super fun night. If anyone is interested you can buy the game on Ebay. Just search for "How to Host a Murder." You can buy them on their website, too, but they're cheaper on Ebay. Oh yeah...and invite me!
Oh and in case you're wondering(and don't read on if you ever plan on hosting this edition)...I was the killer. However... I wasn't actually Princess Idelle, I was Finona Fatale in disguise...the person who's murder I was framing on everyone else! Sneaky me!

7 comments:

Amber Olsen said...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THAT NIGHT. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING AND ESPECIALLY FOR BEING SO DANG COOOOOL!!!

Lindsey said...

amazingly, we have done the exact same one! it was the best time! so gald you posted pictures; maybe now i'll be encouraged to do it again!!!

shannon j said...

I went on a date to one of those parties (my pre-husband days, actually it was held at his apartment and I was on a date with his roommate). Anyways it was a Greek themed party. It was a lot of fun.

Rebekah said...

That sounds like so much fun. I'd love to do that sometime. Your table looks fabulous.

Brooke said...

That sounds like so much fun! bummer you live so far away! Happy Birthday!

Dan~Kerst~Bree~Bryce~Braden~Briggs~Brooklyn said...

Fun! We did a western one a long time ago. I will have to try it again some time!

Nate and Amy said...

I love How to Host a Murder parties! You all looked great!
Amy