Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Kid-isms

Mckenna: Mommy my nose hurts. I think someone picked my nose. But it wasn't me! I don't know who did it.

_______________

David's new phrase this week is either "Huh?" or Whaaaat?" And when you answer him, he'll say, "Oooooooh," as in "Oh, it all makes sense now!" He usually says it after you tell him no. Like this:

Me: No, David, we don't play with scissors.
David: Huh?
Me: Remember when you cut your shirt earlier today? We don't play with scissors, bring them to me.
David: Ooooooooh.

2 comments:

Ian said...

The other day when Emma and Mckenna were writing birthday cards for mom, Mckenna said "Emma, tell me how to write this: Sometimes Daddy screams at us but that's not okay because Jesus doesn't scream... (she went on to describe why and how I yell when I'm upset with the girls)... and Daddy shouldn't yell anymore. I love you mom. Happy Birthday."

I'm so glad I was able to listen in as I was shaving in a nearby bathroom. It was a helpful reminder for me to review Elder Holland's talk "The Tongue of Angels" - a BEAUTIFUL talk he gave last year. (http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=662fb5658af22110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&hideNav=1)

Nate and Amy said...

My favorite is the mysterious nose-picker! She is adorable!
Amy