Sunday, April 20, 2008

Breaking the bank

The girls emptied their piggy banks a couple of weeks ago so I took them to Toys 'R Us yesterday. My girls are so uniquely different. It was so fun to see what things they chose to buy and how they chose them.
Mckenna literally wanted the first thing she saw which was an orange swimming noodle. The next few things she picked were also chosen very early in the shopping trip. She chose a stuffed jaguar(which looks exactly like one we already have, but is about 4 inches bigger), a spiderman umbrella(when we brought it home we realized it was broken so we'll be exchanging that), and a key chain with Troy from the movie, "High School Musical"( a movie which my girls have never seen but are so in love with).
Once Mckenna had chosen her items she would not change her mind. I kept finding other things that I thought she would like better and she would want them until I said she had to put one of the other things back. Then she'd think about it for a few seconds and say, "I will get that next time," and we'd move on.
Emma was totally different. She knew before we walked in the store that she wanted something with Hannah Montana or Gabriella from "High School Musical." We didn't reach that section until we were almost through the whole store. Emma enjoyed walking through the store and looking at all of the toys, but wasn't really interested in any of them until we reached the right section. Once she found her cosmetic set, she was ready to go and didn't want to stay in the store any longer, as she was anxious to open her box. It was such a fun trip!

4 comments:

shannon j said...

How fun!

the speers said...

too cute! I didn't realize how long it had been since I looked at your blog! I was SO happy when Christy Lee went home, and yes I want everyone else to win! But, lately, Brooke's kinda been buggen--I'm totally crushen on David Cook! :D and...I LOVE Dirty Dancing too!! Yes, Patrirck Swayze!! Funny story...my friend's mom used to cut my hair in high school, and she thought I looked like Baby, and she totally chopped my hair to look like hers--no, I wasn't happy! my hair was so short I couldn't even pull it back--I guess it was a compliment but I just didn't get it as a 15 year old! :D but...the last scene in the movie is my favorite! love it!

Anonymous said...

Cute! How fun... I love their different personalities and their shopping abilities. =)

Sheila said...

Kari and I just got caught up on your last few posts...

#1) Great idea on Toys R Us, I'm chalking that one up in the memory bank for the future when my kids start saving money.

#2) The camp out looked like a blast.

#3) HONESTLY, who ASKS for MORE money?? I laughed at the OG post and cannot believe all that happened in one night. So glad Ian's writing a letter.

and 4) Good job protecting your precious girl.

I love reading your blog!