Saturday, November 17, 2007

Almost 9 Months!

What a big boy!! I've always agreed with my mom that the best baby age is from 9 months to 18 months. David is just entering that age and it is so much fun!! He's starting to imitate sounds and he's crawling all over the house. He's also been pulling himself up to sit and stand...which means lots more bumps and bruises. The other day I walked into his room after his nap to see him kneeling up in his crib. I asked Emma to bring me the camera and by the time she brought it, David had pulled himself up to standing.

Big Boy!!
Needless to say we'll be lowering his mattress...
One night I was getting ready to give David a bath. He was playing on my bathroom floor next to the folded up pack 'n play. I walked into my closet and when I came back out, he was kneeling, holding on to the pack 'n play for support. I realized that if he put any more weight on it, the pack 'n play would roll and David would roll with it and faceplant on the hard floor. So as I was lunging toward him...he and the pack 'n play did just what I thought they would do: they rolled...and he faceplanted. He bonked his chin and his lips, splitting his frenulum(the little piece of skin connecting his upper lip to his gums). If you have ever had a child split this...keep in mind: it bleeds alot. We were really scared for a bit because we couldn't tell where the bleeding was coming from. Anyway, he is perfectly fine now but here are his fat lip pictures.
He is still such a good baby. He's so happy and calm! He loves his sisters and is so entertained by them. He's still our floor cleaner, putting anything in his mouth that he can find and still crawling on his belly, sweeping the floor with his shirts. I am just so excited for when his balance improves and he can start walking(and get up off the floor!). We love our sweet David!!

8 comments:

Megan said...

Super cute pics!! David is getting so big! :)

I love the art work you have in his nursery. You'll have to tell me where you got it, cuz I'm looking for some for my playroom. That's my next room to organize! :)

Carrie said...

Eat your heart out Angelinia Jolie, David's lips are way sexier. And you thought you had the market cornered on sexiest lips...

shannon j said...

Sooooo cute! I can't wait to meet him in January!!!

Carrie said...

Hey Megan, since you read a lot (or anyone else), I was wondering if you've read The Glass Castle???

Carrie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unguren said...

Such a sweet little boy! That fat lip just hurt my heart. Don't you just hate to see poor little kids all banged up. (Trust me I have a hurt heart quite frequently...look at Laney)

Ruth said...

I would have to agree except I love it from 6 months to a 15 months or so. I love when they start laughing and playing. He is very cute and so big

Kari said...

Megan, he is such a cutie!!! Your girls are adorable too!! So I finally joined the blogging club! It's such a great way to keep in touch!! Check ours out when you get a chance...stacycrew.blogspot.com
~Kari