Thursday, November 29, 2007

Can you PMS without really PMSing??

Ian has decided I'm depressed. OK so he was joking, but I have no other explanation other than maybe I'm going through menopause. (I'm certainly not PMSing...I'm still nursing.) I threw a huge hissy fit last night at no one in particular(at one point I told Ian I felt like punching a wall). At least once a day for the past week I've felt overwhelmingly frustrated.

Most of it is just the stress of this whole Arizona thing. I know we're moving. I know we're moving to AZ. There are lots of beautiful houses in AZ that I would love to go look at and possibly move into. But I have no idea when and no idea where. So that was frustrating me.

Plus Ian's calling takes up a lot of his time lately, and now that he's in the Stake play, he has practices 3 times a week. Starting next week he has practices every day except Monday. Except he'll be out of town on Monday for work. Oh and did I mention he's performing in our ward's Christmas nativity(which includes songs) on Saturday? So there are practices for that. Oh and one of his young men is being baptised on Saturday - so he's been out with the missionaries teaching him. And another girl in our ward. And my birthday is next week...and Ian's gone most of the week. All I can hope is that we find out this week where and when we're moving because then Ian will have to cancel some of that so we can drive to AZ and look at homes. So then he'll be stuck in the car with me for 5 hours. That sounds nice - even though I loathe road trips.

Ian went to Uhaul yesterday and bought boxes. I SOO want to pack them up but I refuse to pack anything until I know when and where. I have slowly been going through our stuff and either throwing a bunch away or putting it in piles for charity. That's one nice thing abotu moving - de-junking.

Ian put up our Christmas lights last weekend but, once again... I refuse to break out the Christmas decorations because I just might have to turn around and pack them up the second I unpack them. I think this will be the first Christmas in my entire life that I haven't had a Christmas tree.

Well now that I've vented for a bit I went back and read it and maybe I'm not having hormonal issues. I think I'm just stressed and missing my husband. If you've been a common reader of my blog you'll know I like to vent on here. Sometimes I delete my ventings the next day and only a select few get to read them. But it's always nice to get my thoughts out, so in my opinion it doesn't really matter if you get to read my rantings, so long as I get to write them. :)

8 comments:

Dnnr said...

That stinks Megan. I hope you find out soon! Good luck!

shannon j said...

Honey that is not hormones that is extreme stress! And don't you have a right to be stressed? You suddenly found out you have to move to another state and you have no idea when or where. That's pretty stressful! I wish I could come give you a day off to just go get a pedicure or a massage!!

Amber and Co. said...

I agree that you're probably just stressed and missing your husband. I feel for you, because I've had plenty of days like lately. Hang in there!!!

Shannon B said...

Of course, this is a stressful time for you guys! You are probably handling it better than I would. I hope you can find out soon. I WISH I could give you all of our boxes. We literally have over 100 boxes in our garage and I am not sure what to do with them. You know where we got all our boxes? Starbucks. We went a few times a week and raided their recycle bin. They have really good boxes...just a thought so you don't have to buy anymore. Good luck sweets...maybe you are supposed to learn something from this. Not sure what, but maybe you will find out later. ;0) Just remember the Lord will not let you down!

Megan said...

I think Ian needs to learn to say "no"! He's got way too much going on - I saw that when I was there. On top of being a super busy time of year - he adds a ton more things on top of that? I can say that on here, cuz I'm his sister and I like being busy too, but not that busy. :)

And the unknown would stress me out too. I would feel the same way you do.

I love the new background though! Very cute! Hang in there!!

Unguren said...

I love the new background. I know that really has nothing to do with the problems at hand but thought hey, everyone needs something good...right? Also, a little tid bit about packing, don't buy your boxes from uhaul...(hopefully you didn't buy to many) buy them from Walmart. Trust me it's a much better deal. Hope that helps some. PS. everyone is allowed to be mad sometimes. It makes us human and unique all the things I am sure Ian and many other people love about you. The Ungurens Love You!

Ruth said...

i know that the unknown is hard. maybe you could steal away some time to head to the Temple. it is the one place that is a constant calm when life is spinning out of control. love ya

Carrie said...

Megan, all I can say is amen to everyone. You're stressed and EXTREMELY upset about moving, cut yourself some slack! You can be as emotional as you want. Period. And the rest of the family better just deal. And I agree with Megan, Ian has too much on his plate.