Thursday, November 29, 2007

I love you!

You are all so sweet. Thank you for your helpful words. :) I love you guys! Seriously! Even Danner commented on here.

I do have one more stress to add. After I picked Emma up from school we went out to lunch with Ian(YAY!!!) and when we got back home I took David out of his car seat and he was burning up!! I rushed him inside and took his temp: 104.6 degrees!!! I ripped of his clothes, gave him Tylenol, put him in the bath, nursed him, and put him to bed. Once I calmed down I remembered that Mckenna always had high fevers. Before she had her adnoids and tonsils out she would go up to 105 almost every time she had a cold. I did call the doctor but she said the same thing they say every time(alternate tylenol with ibuprofen, if it doesnt bring it down or if it doesn't go away in 3 days bring him in). I just didn't know if being 9 months old would have any effect on what they would say because Mckenna's fevers were when she was older. Anyway, add that to the list. :)

My day is better, though. We've been de-junking which I LOVE. I love getting rid of stuff lately. So the girls are going through their room with me. I love their reasons for wanting to get rid of stuff or keep stuff. "This baby's eyes are too big so we need to get rid of her." "Mommy this toy is too too special. We can't give it away because it's from Chris." "But I want to keep that backpack for 6th grade!" And Mckenna had the best. I was putting all of the Little People Toys in a tub and I told the girls they could play with them again when we get to AZ and Ken said, "Mommy, you're going to put the lid on that and then we're going to GO TO ARIZONA!!!" It just about broke my heart to tell her we're not going for a while(at least I think so). I just want them out of the way!

So with my new updated blog - I somehow lost my list of everyone's blogs! If you haven't commented on my last post, please just go and write something so that I can link to your blog and copy the url so I can make my list again. I don't care what you write so long as I have a way to find you again. I'll make my list with the ones I know and if you're not on there - drop me a line.

7 comments:

Megan said...

Katie got really sick at 10 months. James was at a conference in Vegas....she had a really high fever (104-106) for several days and we even had to do a tepid bath on her. I finally took her in again (she had been in for a rash and ear infection at the beginning of the week) and they made me take her to Children's Hospital ER. She had a funky rash that was concerning and turned out to be nothing, but they were doing all sorts of blood tests on her for things like Leukimia, etc. It was so scary. James flew home early and met me at the ER. Anyway, she ended up being dehydrated from the fever and they pumped her full of IV fluids and gave her a shot of super antiobiotics to get rid of her double ear infection by then. After it was all said and done, she did test positive for adno-virus (or something like that)....but I'm always amazed at how they can get high fevers and they don't really need to see a doctor cuz there's nothing the doctor can do....it's just time and waiting.

Sorry to ramble. Kisses to David! Hope he feels better soon!

gma said...

Okay....I've felt like crying all week, and after reading your earlier post....I just might. It just KILLS me to think of you girls living sooooo far away, when I would LOVE to give you a little break during times of stress or illness. So maybe I'll just have a good cry for both of us....and I am POST menopausal, so that's no excuse for my emotions. When Ian was in HS he wanted to be involved in EVERYTHING (except football and wrestling) and I use to say to him, "Ian you can't do everything". I know what you're up against in that regard. Perhaps after he reads your post, he'll realize what the word "overextended" means. I know he's under some stress as well...and some times being overly scheduled helps a person avoid anxiety. This move from SD is likely stirring up a sense of grief and loss for you in addition to all the other emotions that you're feeling and are aware of.

Shannon said...

Megan,
Your new blog is really pretty, but the blue hurts my eyes and is hard to read. Can you make it the dark brown/gray like your links on the right?

Sheila said...

I LOVE your new blog look, very cute. And in my opinion, you have every right to totally freak out every now and then...I don't handle change very well and with Ian gone a lot, you have a lot on your plate! I KNOW I'd be very "hormonal" if I was in your situation, and you have every right to be. I think you're a real trooper.

Ruth said...

sometimes life is more than crazy. i totally understand how you are feeling. i won't go into it but i know that all we can do is trust the Lord and rely on His plan even if we don't understand why everything is hitting us at one time. love ya and hang on

Carrie said...

Our peditrician said that the youngest kiddos get the highest fevers, hang in there. We just did a round of yucks in our house. Hope David handles fevers okay.

I'm glad you found a project to get into, I LOVE clearing out the junk, too! Keep your chin up!! Life is hard, but we can do hard things!

Random samplings of my Delightful Life said...

I finally get around to getting caught up on my blogging and I see that you are moving? It sounds like things are so crazy. I feel for you.
Things will get better and I bet you will love it. We have family in Arizona and they all say how great the wards are.
It seems to me that the purification process brings always brings about greatness