Wednesday, November 7, 2007

BOO!

Finally!! Sorry! We've been so insanely busy lately and I haven't had time to do laundry, let alone blog! But today I'm doing both! Here are all of our pumpkin patch/trunk or treat/halloween pictures. On the Friday before Halloween Ian took the day off from work and we went to a great pumpkin patch. We'd planned to go to Bates Nut Farm, but the fires were still burning in Valley Center and they'd come awfully close to Bates so I wasn't sure they'd even be open. We went, instead, to a place about 30 minutes north of us, called Tom's Farms. There was still smoke everywhere but we were so sick of being stuck in the house all week(literally...we didn't go anywhere, they cancelled Emma's school Wed-Fri), that we went anyway. I was so glad we did! They usually have all sorts of stuff going on at Tom's Farms during the weekend, but we went on a Friday and I'm sure we saved lots of money because of that. But we still got some pumpkins, walked through all of the stores, got some yummy candy, and took some fun pictures. There was a bird flying around like crazy in the bathroom! We ducked the whole time!



Mckenna was scared to go in their little blow up "haunted house." Emma was pretty convincing, but she still wouldn't go in until Ian went with her, holding her hand.
Once she was in, she was a happy camper.




Even with all the smoke in the air, the sun was pretty bright...as you can tell from Ian's squinty eyes. :)
Wishing well.
__________________________________

Shannon and Jed came over Saturday night for our church's "Trunk or Treat." Usually everyone parks in the parking lot, opens their trunks and the kids go around from car to car, "Trunk" or Treating, but because of the smoke, we went around the inside of the church. Before that, though, there was dinner, a costume contest, a costume parade, and a few games for the kids. Ian spent all afternoon making a dessert to submit for the spooky dessert contest, but he spent so much time on it that we were a bit late and he only got second place...
Bootlegger Jed:
Pirate Mckenna and Alice in Wonderland Emma(who thought her name was Allison Wonderland).
20's Shan and a very distressed David Mickey
Ian's graveyard:
Shannon and Jed spent the night and came to church with us in the morning to watch our Primary Program(At church the kids from 3-11 have a presentation every year on all of the things they've been learning about all year. There are a few short talks and lots of songs. I'm the Primary Chorister, so I was in charge of all of the songs, and Emma had a small solo.). The presentation went great! I was much more nervous than I thought I should be...after all, it's not like I had any solos! The kids did really well. No one fell asleep, but I did have one sweet girl forget the words and start to cry. Overall it went really well and I was SO proud of those kids!!
________________________
Halloween neighborhood trick or treating:
(Ian's a mummy)
Sorry for such a long post, but I had to get it all done before I switch the laundry! And, one more video for Jed...
The kids enjoyed the mattress we had out for Shan and Jed so we didn't put it away until Monday. Here's Mckenna enjoying it:

10 comments:

Sheila said...

How fun! Your kids are so dang cute! I just love them and I don't even KNOW them!! They must have some pretty great parents!

shannon j said...

I love all the pictures!!! So cute!! Looks like you guys had a funny Halloween. I hope things settle down for you, and you get some free time all to yourself!!!

Ruth said...

i think that the picture of emma holding the pumpkin is my personal favorite but i love all the fun fall pictures. very impressed with ian's graveyard by the way.

Ruth said...

it sounds like you need a girls night--wanna go out tonight hahahaha i wish

Megan said...

Thanks for all the pics!! Cute!! Love the hairbows too! How fun!

Hey - is Bates Nut Farm open in Novmeber? We should go there when we come out. Some thing fun for the kids to do....

gma said...

Man those are cute hair bows...where'd ya get those? Emma looks taller and thinner than the last time I saw her and that was in August. And David...my goodness he looks like his Daddy, or maybe his mummy. Cute pictures, cute kids, busy mommy.

Random samplings of my Delightful Life said...

I love the picture of David in th wheel barrow. SO cute. We went to Bates Nut Farm before the fires. I am just a slow poster these days.

Amber and Co. said...

First off, McKenna looks so flippin cute with the little mustach and goatee!! I can't even believe it! Emma and David are also super adorable in their costumes. I can't get over how handsome David is. I just want to eat him up! :)

Great fall pictures; it looks like you had so much fun. Congrats to Ian-- 2nd place is still great!
Your sister and Jed look great in their costumes. I love that they got into it and dressed up too.

Unguren said...

I Love those pictures the colors are very bright. plus the halloween costumes are so cute. I especially like the picture with Emma and well...the boobs. Did you and Ian dress up?

Carrie said...

So cute! Loved all the pics, thanks for sharing!