Monday, June 23, 2008

Happy 4th Birthday Mckenna!!

My sweet baby girl is 4 years old!!!(well, not technically...her birthday is tomorrow, but tomorrow is a busy day and I didn't know if I'd have time to post this). Looking back at pictures of her makes me sad. She's so big already. She still talks like she did when she was two, so I guess I still felt like she was this little squishy thing with huge eyes and hair that stood straight up off her head. She is such a huge part of the peace in our home. At times, she can be so sweet and at other times - such a little stinker. She always knows when I'm stressed or angry and tries extra hard to be silently sweet, obedient, and stay out of my way. Sometimes she'll even sneek a kiss in on those times. She is a little snugglebug and has been from the moment she was born. She has also always had a huge set of lungs which we discovered a couple of hours after she entered the world.


Mckenna's favorites:
  • grapes
  • singing
  • milk
  • Spiderman
  • morning snuggles
  • listening to the same songs over and over
  • chocolate milk
  • ice cream
  • swimming with her mask and snorkel
  • loving her brother
  • tormenting her sister
  • her cousin Katie
  • dancing
  • talking on the phone
  • watching shows with mommy
  • Troy from High School Musical
  • making silly faces("grandpa taught me")
  • wearing sunglasses(I think she thinks nobody can see her)
    taking pictures
  • being the sweetest and funniest girl ever!

Happy Birthday to my big four year old!!!

OK so I realize it's not perfect(or anywhere near perfect), but here's her cake I just finished:

11 comments:

Unguren said...

She is so cute. (Like all your kids.) Happy Birthday.

The cake looks great.

Shannon said...

OMG - The cake is awesome. Mckenna is so great, a new word was invented for the awesome things that come out of her mouth: Mckennaisms.

Anonymous said...

The cake might not be perfect, but it's awesome.

I love Mckenna!

Arian said...

What a sweet post about your little Mckenna. She is such a doll.
Thanks for having us over last weekend. We had such a great time playing games with you guys. We'll have to do it again soon!

shannon j said...

Okay, the cake is awesome! And I don't see any imperfections on it!

Happy Birthday Mckenna!! I miss you so much! I wish I could be there to celebrate your birthday with you!! Thanks for lighting up my life with your warm heart. Love you!!

Tami said...

your kiddos are so cute, David is such a big boy now. Happy birthday Mckenna. Can we play soon?

Shannon B said...

SWEEEEEET cake, it looked professional to me!!! Seriously! Happy B-day Mckenna!!!! You are so sweet and cute!!! Wish we could see you more often!

Chelsey Howard said...

Oh my gosh I can't believe you did that cake all by yourself! It looks awesome!

Rebekah said...

Happy Birthday McKenna! The cake is so cute. Spencer really likes it. The Chuck E. Cheese pics look fun.

Kelli said...

It puts my fish cake to shame. it looks great!

Brooke said...

Wow, that is great Megan. You've come a long ways from your days in middle school when Shannon and I would come home and you'd be baking up a storm. I guess the baker in you has never died. You're awesome!