Sunday, June 8, 2008

No Worries

All is well. David's pox were gone by the next morning and Mckenna wasn't any worse. I was worried she would wake up Saturday morning covered from head to toe, but fortunately she was the same. She never got a fever, just one complaint of a sore throat and one flip out moment because her bum itched. She still has plenty pox left, but they've scabbed over and are much better. Thanks for your phone calls and nice words, but it was so minor - which I think is because all 3 kids have been vaccinated. I hate vaccinations because of all the safety debates and my kids' reactions to some, but this was one time I was grateful for them!

Sorry I've been such a slacky blogger lately but I've just been to lazy. Well, I'm not sure lazy is the right word. I just haven't wanted to. :) I'm still recovering from the jet lag and I've been in kind of a funk. Today when Emma and I went to church(Ian stayed home with the poxies') it felt like the first normal day in a while. I've just been so tired and we had laundry, yardwork, and housework to catch up on. Not to mention all the time the kids and I have spent in the pool this week(woohoo!!). I'm hoping when I get some more pictures from a friend tomorrow that I'll do a nice update for y'all. We'll see!

2 comments:

shannon j said...

Glad they're doing better!

Ruth said...

glad to hear that the kids are doing better. when we had our round james was out of town on business and i was 6 months pregnant when all 4 girls got it at the same time. i would rather all at once than in shifts. good luck getting back to normal