Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Books

Just thought I'd give a little update on some recent books.

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer - Awesome!! Loved it, couldn't put it down, highly recommend it, can't wait to read the sequel.

Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky - Great book, but wouldn't recommend it. The author wrote two short books but was planning on this being a series of books. She was killed in WWII at Auschwitz, so she never really finished the story. There are many loose ends.

I am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson - In the process of reading - highly recommend it for those hard days. It is empowering and an entertaining read. Lifts me up when I feel frustrated and overwhelmed...which is often.

Next on the list are Water for Elephants and Harvesting the Heart. I'll let you know!

4 comments:

Megan said...

The girl we had babysit a couple weekends ago said Twilight was a good book - if we are talking about the same one! I'll have to check it. She said the same thing - she couldn't put it down. Isn't there another one too? She named 2 of them.

Amber and Co. said...

I've read both of the books by Stefanie Meyer. I liked them too. I want to read the 3rd when it comes out.

Burke and I fighting over Harry Potter right now!!! :) Luckily, we're both almost finished. It's hard for us to get things done when we're reading good books. :)

Megan said...

Megan - it probably was the same one. She's an LDS mom that had a dream one night and turned it into a book.

Amber - I haven't even touched Harry Potter. I think I'll wait till my kids are all in school to start because I know everything on earth will be neglected once I start! I do have my sister's copy sitting on my desk waiting for her to get back from her honeymoon. :)

Shannon B said...

I will have to give those books a try! I just got done with Evening Class (it was depressing but it turned out good in the end). Now I am reading HP7...it's REAL good so far! Thanks for sharing some good books to read...I am in a book club and I will suggest some of those!

ps my sister's name is stefani meyer (like the author)...weird huh?