Thursday, July 26, 2007

My new best friend.

So I was telling my friend Amy how much I dislike sweeping our downstairs floors and she suggested I get a sweepvac like our neighbor Dawn has. I looked it up on Amazon and found one that got pretty good reviews and then went to the store and got one. I was a little nervous because a lot of the reviews said that it didn't have enough power and it was only good for picking up hair and dust, but I figured it was worth a try. LOVE it!!! Not only does it pick up hair and dust, but it picks up cheerios, small pieces of paper, craisins, and all of the other stuff under our dining room table. It did run out of battery power before I was done with our downstairs, but now knowing that I can probably just work faster and get it all done on one battery charge. It's way better than sweeping though because it picks up every little thing - no pushing dirt around and throwing dust in the air. Yay for Swiffer!! Thanks Amy!







Also we've been using "WOW!" floor cleaner for wood and laminate floors and it is so much better than mopping - I even use it on our kitchen and entryway tile. No more having to deal with buckets of nasty water. We just attatch a small towel (Costco sells a pack of 24 for cheap) to the bottom of our mop(Swiffer style) and then throw it in the wash when we're done.

4 comments:

Megan said...

I wonder if the Swiffer Vac works on tile? I feel like I'm always sweeping! I used the Wetjet on our hard wood floors in MV (they have a cleaner just for hard wood) and I loved it, but someone told us not to use it on tile, b/c the tile will loose it's shine. So I sweep and mop ALL the time!

Actually, my favorite chore is cleaning the floors, esp vacuuming....but I do feel like I"m cleaning the tile all the time! I'll have to check it out! Thanks!

Megan said...

I used the vac on my tile. It's for any hard surfaces and it's only $30. I love it. And I'm not too worried about our tile losing its' shine...it's not all that exciting anyway. :)

Nate and Amy said...

I am so glad you like it! Maybe I should get one, too!
Amy

Megan said...

You should, Amy!! Or just borrow mine. :)