Thursday, September 27, 2007

Auction

Yesterday my neighbor, Dawn came to my door and said, "You've got to see this!!" I walked outside thinking there must have been a huge car accident or something since there were cars and people everywhere. This is what I saw:It was actually my neighbor's house being auctioned. I'd forgotten they were doing that last night. They had 6 houses to auction, this house being the last on the list. Here's the front:


You can se the auctioneer standing in front of the house. The couple who actually bought the house plan to fix it up and sell it again. The wife is in the first pic, slightly to the left wearing jeans, a light teal sweater and flip flops with short dark hair. The husband is in the second picture, but you can't really see him. He's in front of the guy right in front(jeans and blue plaid shirt). I'm sure you're wondering by now how much it sold for. Let me give you a bit of background info...The house is 3bedroom 2.5 bath, 2411 sq. ft., built in 2002. Zillow.com estimates its value at $511,181. They opened the bidding at 50k. Are you ready to know what it sold for?? Drum roll please...

da

da

da

da

da

da

da

da

273,000

Isn't that insane??

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Okay, so thats just a little more than our house and its way nicer... and in California! Grrr.... I've always wanted to see a home auction.

Megan said...

That is CRAZY!!!! I can't believe it sold for so low. What were they originally asking? It was like $460K or something? Kind of depressing though, huh?

shannon j said...

Man that is crazy. Was it repossessed or something? You can get some great deals on repossessed auctions ... unfortunately you usually need the cash upfront. Anyone has 200K in cash?

Amber and Co. said...

wow, that is crazy! One of my thoughts was that instead of a family buying it who would love to have a nice house at a low price, an investor bought it and will fix it up and sell it at a high price. Too bad, I think.