Saturday, September 29, 2007

Ode to Katie

Megan B. posted the other day about my niece, Katie and how she gets into everything and how Megan spends half her cleaning time cleaning up Katie's messes... So a couple of days ago I went through our pantry and completely organized it - wiped down the shelves, vacuumed the floor, condensed and rearranged, etc. It was spotless. I went in the other room to sit at the desk and not ten minutes later I realized Mckenna had been going back and forth from the kitchen to the garage door quite a few times. So I walked over by the garage door and there was half of my pantry stock, all neatly lined up by the garage. She was "shopping at the food store." She had also spilled a bag of quinoa all over the step-stool, bottom shelf, and floor. Of all the things to spill - that was probably the worst! It's like rice only much much smaller. So I had to take everything out again, vacuum, and put it all back in. Luckily she couldn't reach the rest of it. So there you go, Megan, they really are made from the same mold. :)

2 comments:

Megan said...

ooohhh!! We put a LOCK on our pantry this past week! Wohoo!! I love it! It's way up high, so Porter can't even get to it. I love it. I can control their snacks better too! :)

Look at that pic of Katie! She's so little! I remember that picture. So cute.

Nate and Amy said...

That's not even funny. I must have seen your beautifully organized pantry just before this all happened. It makes me a little sick to think of all the work you had to do all over again.