Monday, September 24, 2007

TWINS!!


My amazing mother and father-in-law just got their twins!! They adopted sweet Tihune and Mikyas from Ethiopia. Craig went over there last week and brought them home yesterday. They are both absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to meet them. Ian's parents have always shown such sweet charity, so this is yet another example of that. But what's interesting is to hear Craig's sweet thoughts on the adoption, the kids, their family, the orphanage, etc. What an amazing man he is! And what sweet thoughts he shared with us from Ethiopia. And to listen to Laurie's excitement and all of the energy and effort she's put into getting ready for these beautiful kids. I thought I knew before what amazing parents and people they are, but this experience has really shown that even more so. I just hope that Miki and Tihune can see how much Craig and Laurie already love them and that they will all adjust to being a new family easily.

5 comments:

Megan said...

Very well said! :)

Nate and Amy said...

I am so excited for them and can't wait to hear how the twins are adjusting.
Amy

shannon j said...

I just loved hearing the sweet comments from my dad. I rarely hear him talking like that, this has really been such a great experience for our whole family (and will be for the rest of our lives). Loved reading your thoughts.

Amber and Co. said...

Wow, that is amazing! How wonderful of them!

Random samplings of my Delightful Life said...

We need more good people like them! It's always great to have such good examples who are so close to us.