Monday, September 3, 2007

Books

Just finished Harvesting the Heart by Jodi Picoult. I really enjoyed this book. I got a little frustrated with the characters everynow and then, but it made me think about a lot of things. Picoult tends to write about controversial issues and usually opens your mind to new perspectives and this book did just that. There are a few times were the language was pretty harsh, but it didn't bother me.

Before that I read Water for Elephants by Sarah Gruen. OK Other than some ridiculously harsh scenes that I learned to skip right over, I really enjoyed this book. Its about a man who joins the circus...sounds silly but it really was a neat book. Theres one scene early on that I read and very much wish I hadn't and theres at least one more scene that I'm sure got very graphic but I saw it coming and just skipped it completely. The book refers to it later on, but you don't have to read it to know what happened. Anyway, I would not recommend this if you are easily offended or if you like perfectly clean and happy books, but I liked it!

What are you reading right now?

2 comments:

Megan said...

I just checked out Dear John, Nicolas Sparks newest book, from the library. I read a great review on it and I can hardly wait to start it.

Random samplings of my Delightful Life said...

I am actually reading an old Buffalo Bill book that used to be my moms when she was young. It is strangly intersting considering I didn't know that buffalo Bill was a real person.