Monday, September 3, 2007

Ugh

Went to the grocery store today at 12:30....And look what my car had to tell me...



I texted this pic to my sister who later texted back a pic of her car's thermometer which said 104...and she lives right next to the beach!!! This weather is insane!!! Thank goodness for AC. Can I buy a portable AC to keep in my food storage? I think I'll die if the power goes out for more than a day. We have had the power cutting in and out all week but never for more than a minute. And we had a 4.7 earthquake yesterday. It was actually no more than 20 miles from out house, so we felt it pretty good. The girls didn't even notice it and Emma was bummed because she learned what to do in an earthquake last week at school and she didn't get the chance to do it. I think I'd rather have a minor earthquake and have her not feel it than have a huge one where she would need to kneel under a desk with her arms folded over her neck...

Today was an absolutely fabulous day. Ian and I started cleaning our house at about 1 and cleaned till 8:30 with a few breaks in between. Our house looks shiny and new! The floors are clean- mopped and vacuumed, the laundry put away, the bedrooms are spotless, kitchen shining, desk cleared(we cleaned that out last week...whew!), the lawns mowed. Ian was even able to tackle some "honey-do" projects I've been wanting him to do for a while. Taya - he finally hung your "HOME" letters downstairs and they look awesome!! I was stoked to have the time to organize our linen/medicine closet. I know it's strange but there are few things on earth that make me feel better than having an organized linen closet. Organized pantries may be a tiny bit higher on the list but not by far... Anyway, we really got a lot done. Thanks honey!!

2 comments:

Shannon B said...

YIKES!! HOT! I am SOOO impressed that you cleaned all day! You have motivated me to clean today! Too bad it doesn't last too long huh??

Megan said...

Ugh!! I'm so done with summer this year. I was sick for most of it, and now that it's STILL hot, I'm sooo done! Since I was sick, we didn't really get to escape it and go anywhere, so we've been here all summer cooped up in the house in the air conditioning. We've had a record breaking summer - 30 days over 110 degrees. I think the record was 17 days. My mother in law said it's been really hot there (in California). We sure enjoyed cooler weather camping this weekend. 114?? That just makes ya sick!