Wednesday, January 23, 2008

$1.86

You know those Visa check card comercials where the store is hoppin' and someone goes to make a purchase by writing a check - and then the whole store freezes and looks at them? Yeah...that happened today(well not exactly, but close).

I was at Target today and this woman in front of me bought one item for $1.86. She whipped out her check book, asked the checker for a pen and then proceeded to write a check for a dollar and eighty six cents!!! This woman wasn't even that old - maybe 45. The checker probably earned $1.86 while she was waiting for the woman to carefully write out her check. It didn't annoy me that she took the time, I just thought it was so funny! The whole store was moving along just fine, the woman had a quick one-item purchase(or so I thought she'd be quick), and then she pulls the checkbook out... Has she never heard of a debit card?? Too funny.

8 comments:

Unguren said...

I would say that it is not worth the time it takes to write a check. Unless it was bandaids and I was bleeding to death. But I am pretty sure if I was bleeding to death Target would be the last place I would go so...nevermind.

Sheila said...

This made me laugh...thanks!

Ruth said...

always fun to people watch

Kari said...

I totally agree! I have actually had that happen to me too! Thanks for sharing...it made me laugh!

Tyler said...

I love it when they hand the cashier a check and he prints it for them... why bother???? I see it at Costco all the time. They must think its safer or something??? Because I can't figure it out!

Tyler said...

Okay, that was Carrie...sorry

Random samplings of my Delightful Life said...

I remember doing this, ten years ago. We are so spoiled aren't we?

Random samplings of my Delightful Life said...

I remember doing this, ten years ago. We are so spoiled aren't we?