Sunday, January 6, 2008

December in a nutshell

With all of the crazy moving I haven't had a chance to post much about our month of December. So here's a (not really)quick picture/video recap:


Our sweet David is 10 months old! He's crawling everywhere, waving "Hi!", opening cupboards, and doing just about anything he can to make us laugh. He is still the most calm and happy baby I have ever seen. I finally cut his mullet right after Christmas and trimmed the sides of his hair. He still needs a trim on top, but I did the most I could before he got anxious to get away from me. Here is a before pic(I don't have an after yet): This picture was too cute to pass up. David was so proud of himself for emptying the toilet paper roll. I know all babies do this at some point, and I'm sure it will annoy me eventually, but how can you not smile at this?

One night while I was at out, and Ian was in charge, David found the girls' dinner plates and had an absolute blast devouring their food(and this was after he had finished his own dinner). Happy boy!

Mckenna was sad to say goodbye to her ballet teacher, Miss Cassie. She loved dance(even though she always spent the first half of it being shy and doing nothing) and can't wait to find a new teacher in AZ. She loves our new house and is always asking to put her shoes on so she can go outside and play. Also...she finally learned her colors!!! I honestly thought for the longest time that she must be colorblind, but she finally learned them and loves telling everyone what color everything is.




Emma had her kindergarten Christmas song presentation that was so super cute. I took videos of every song, but this one entertained me the most - especially her saying "Rudolph" before everyone else, and her great facial expressions.




And here is the sweetest picture of Emma and her Cali girlfriends, Emma and Hailey. She already misses them! This pic was taken the day before we left for AZ, on their last play-date and also the last day of school before the winter break. This picture also happens to be the last picture we have of her with long hair...more pictures to come as soon as I find my camera. She misses California, but has quickly adjusted to our new home. I think the new Christmas presents helped. All day she sits at the dinner table playing with her new Polly pockets or feeding her new baby doll.

Ian got in a minor car accident that did major damage to his Ford Focus. He rear-ended a truck and just slid right under the truck, tearing up the engine. So we sadly said goodbye to our first car together. Ian and Emma were in a Christmas play put on by our stake at church. It was amazing! They practiced for months and performed 6 times over 4 days. They filled the building with attendants and did a great job. It was crazy and stressful and Emma didn't get nearly enough sleep, but I am so glad that they were able to be a part of something so inspiring during a season that celebrates the birth of our Savior. Ian had 3 parts: Nephi(a prophet from ancient America), the innkeeper, and he sang in the angels' chorus. Emma was a dancing star in the star ballet, and so cute. Here's Emma getting ready:




Auntie Chris and Uncle Vinnie with Emma after the play:
The "Star" and Nephi:



Emm and Jed(in the middle of Emma attacking Jed with kisses)


Aunt Shannie and Emma:

Emma and "Joseph," with the real baby lamb(who's name was Mary) from the play: I think this is the only time in our lives where Ian has more makeup on than me(let's hope so).
Here are the video clips from the play. The first two are Ian in the opening scene. The second is Emma and her ballet(so cute!). We were in the first row so she kept smiling at us. The last is the finale and if you look to the left side near the end, you'll see Emma spinning on the stage.


(there's a third video that I keep trying to post here but I think it's took big of a file... I'll keep trying.)








10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I love the Dec. re-cap! Sounds like you guys are settling in very well. I'm so happy to hear that! =) Yes, we still miss you guys but love that we can keep in touch with stories and pics through the blog! I think of you everytime I leave the house because your cute tree is right by the door! Oh, and we ate your chili yesterday! Yum!!! Thanks for sharing! Miss and LOVE ya! Hailey says hi to Emma. Hugs to everyone! xo

shannon j said...

You're children are so cute! I just love them to pieces!!

shannon j said...

Opps I mean "your"... I always write that word wrong!

Unguren said...

Thanks for the Dec. update. I loved the videos and the pictures. I just want to know how do your kids get to be sooo cute? I love where Emma waves to you guys in the audience. Sorry to hear about the car accident.
On a side note...one of our friends here played ultimate frisbee and he was on the team Oopah. Small World.

Shannon B said...

You guys have been sooo busy! Have you had a chance to breathe? Cute pictures and awesome play! We don't do big things like that in our ward...they are so unorganized! Thanks for the update!

Ruth said...

glad to hear you settled in well. looks like fun

Carrie said...

David is hunk of cuteness, holy cow. Glad you guys are getting settled. I'm so jealous of your family reunion! I wish I could've been there!!!! Love you guys!

Amber and Co. said...

I love all those pictures! How fun! Ian made such a great Nephi-- what a fun hidden talent! We need to get together and play!!

Anonymous said...

We will miss the girls at Hailey's birthday party tomorrow! =( I keep wanting to count them in on the friend list... we'll be thinking of you. I'll post "puppy" pictures this weekend after the fun. That was the theme she wanted! Go figure!???

Sheila said...

What a great update. You guys have been busy! I'm sad about your car, bummer. I'm excited for the new hair cuts. The play looked like a huge success and lots of fun. David is the cutest little boy, I just love him!