Thursday, January 24, 2008

And the winner is...


I found these cloth napkins at Pier 1 yesterday. They're brand new and I love them. The woman working there said that she's sure they'll get more coordinating items, she just doesn't know if they'll be limited to place mats and table runners or if there will be coordinating curtains and other accessories. So for now, I'm going to use Hannah's wonderful advice and make pillows from these napkins, and wait patiently to see what else Pier 1 has up their sleeve.
I also got this at Ikea today:
I'm now in the process of trying to decide if I'm bold enough to use it as the light above my kitchen table. I think I need the bigger one if I'm going to do it. They had it hanging in a kids room-like area, but it matches my napkin-pillows so well. We'll see...

Oh and thank you all for your ideas and suggestions, but trust me...I've looked everywhere. If Pier one doesn't come out with matching curtains I'll probably just get some red fabric and sew some napkins on the top or bottom. I just love that pattern!

6 comments:

shannon j said...

Very very cute!! I love it!!

Unguren said...

Go Me!! Holla! I like those napkins and the light from Ikea. Good choices. If you looked on my blog the pillow that is white with mushrooms is a dish towel. So you can find stuff anywhere.

Unguren said...

One more thing, because you asked. I got the dish towel from Anthropologie. They have fun funky dish towels...you should check them out for more stuff.

Megan said...

I love it too!! Man, you've been all over the place! I would have met you at Ikea - do they have a fun place for the kids to play at that one? I need to get some storage things from there....it's not a huge deal, but I saw a couple ideas on a blog and they came from Ikea.

Anyway, I'm glad you found something you like! You might get your window treatments up before me! How sad is that? ;)

Carrie said...

So cute, so you. PERFECT!

Amber and Co. said...

I LOVE that pattern! It's perfect! I hope they get some coordinating fabrics for the rest of your house!

You are so on top of getting your house together! I'm so amazed! I'm just trying to clean my kitchen, lol!

Ditto Megan and going to IKEA. It's one of my favorite places to go. Tyler loves the kid area. I still need to pick up some more stuff there, b/c they were out of some of the things I need. Let me know if you go again and I'll go with you! :)