Monday, January 21, 2008

Honest Opinion

I have looked everywhere to find the perfect armchair for my family room...I gave up - I don't think it exists. Pottery Barn used to make one, and Pier one used to, but no one does now. So instead of a fun chair, I bought a neutral tone chair and will make fun curtains and matching pillows. I want a fabric that has reds and greens but isn't too dark. I wish Amy Butler made more fabric with red in it because I would buy it in a heartbeat. Here are some Amy Butlers that I like - just wrong colors:



So since I can't find anything like that in the right color I found a different fabric that I think I like. But I want you honest opinion...What do you think?
Those of you that have been in my house and seen the green couch and the red kitchen accessories - does this match? Is it cute? Our kitchen/family/dining room is pretty big and open so I feel like I can do a kind of bright and bold pattern, but I don't quite know if I love this one enough.



9 comments:

Shannon said...

It matches and it's a little cute, but from more than like two inches away, it'll look pale and washed out. You need a bolder pattern. (My honest opinion.)

Shannon said...

PS - I do like the other patterns that are the wrong colors, though. Keep looking.

Shannon said...

Check ikea.com . I don't have time to look through them all for you, but there are lots of choices for fabrics and curtains, etc.

Unguren said...

I like the top two better...sorry. I think the other one looks a little older. You should look in the upolstery section at JoAnn fabrics. They had some cute fabrics at ours. Also...you could look on Ebay for the chair that you liked. You could also do plain colored drapes. (green or red) and then do funky pillows (pillows are easier to find or make.) If you want to make pillows you can just find cute cloth napkins and they make great covers. sew up the edges stuff them with other pillows and you are done.

shannon j said...

I like the last one the best..but my style is a little old fashioned. I don't know what would match your stuff so I can't help with that. Dave liked the first two, if that helps any. I think we need an interior designer in our family! Good luck!

Megan said...

Yah, I tend to agree...the last one, while the colors do match your house, looks like a smaller print and may not show up as strong as the other prints.

There's a really nice Joanns off of Williams Field/202 in San Tan Village. And I heard there's a good store in Mesa called Mesa Sales - or something like that. I can get the name for you. They sell decorator fabrics.

You can also check ebay for fabric - for like older Amy Butler prints??

I think your house is cute! I love all the red in your kitchen! I would def bring it out in curtains and pillows, I love the idea. It's looking good! Your front room is cute too!

Carrie said...

Yeah, I like the top two the best, really the top one is far and away my fav. I don't think the last one is ugly, but I do think if you don't love it, you should keep looking. Good luck. I FINALLY after like three years found some curtains that are the fabric I've been wanting for YEARS. I wish I could get it by the yard and do other things with it, but I've got some creative ideas on how to make it work. One idea is look for cloth table clothes that you like and see if you can get the fabric to work for curtains?? Good luck!

Amber and Co. said...

I like the first two choices because of the bold patterns and great colors. The third option seems a little old fashioned to me. I would try to find something with a stronger pattern and more red in it. I think you're on the right track to finding the pattern you want. I think it will look great when it's all done!

Ruth said...

i love the second fabric, personally.have you looked at fabric.com i buy lots of the fabrics for my quilts from there-i'm not sure if they sell decorator fabrics. have fun tonight!!