Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Gratitude

(I wrote this yesterday but forgot to post it)

Shannon J. had a post that got me thinking about gratitude and some of the things I'm grateful for lately. So I thought I'd post them here:

=The RS broadcast Saturday night. I almost didn't go, but I was sooo glad I did. It was so great!! The few things that stuck out to me were Pres. Monson saying something like, "Don't pray that your tasks will be equivalent to your abilities, but that your abilities will be equivalent to your tasks." And Sister Thompson(wasn't she great??)said(paraphrasing), "Don't tell your children what to do, show them and do it with them." I feel a lot like the mom a few posts down, constantly telling my children what to do...over and over again. But I could definitely stop being so lazy and take the initiative more often.

=My sister. She and Jed came over yesterday and we had the best time making pizza and playing games on the Wii. She is so great with my kids! I am rather selfishly hoping she never has kids because she is such an amazing aunt. My kids absolutely adore her.

=Primary. I'm finally beginning to really love my calling. I still miss my YW so so so much, but the kids in our Primary are just so fun! Senior Primary was really hard yesterday, but Junior was awesome. They are so sweet and responsive. Some Sundays it's the Senior primary I enjoy the most, so it was nice to have a change. Although...Senior primary had some pretty stellar moves during "Book of Mormon Stories."

=The Crabtrees. We have a great family in our ward who we've just bonded with so quickly. They have two teenage girls, an 11 year old boy, and a 9 year old girl. They've had some tough stuff going on lately but I feel like instead of me helping them, they've been so helpful to me! Molly, the 15 year old, texts me about once a week to ask if she can take Mckenna and David for the morning(she's homeschooled). It is such a help and when I go pick them up we all visit for a while. I think she does it because she's bored but what a blessing! Hunter and Becca(the younger two) are having a sleepover here tonight while the rest go to Dancing with the Stars(I know...jealous!). And Hunter is amazing with Mckenna. He is so sweet and gentle and what a peacemaker! I could rave about them forever.

=A hard working husband. He's amazing, and I don't ever give him enough credit. He's constantly on the go.

=Shorter hair. I went from an hour and a half of blowdrying, straightening and curling to 30 minutes!! I love it! (although it's not as short or as thinned as I wanted it...it will be next time)

=Blogs. I love reading about everyone's lives. Hearing the struggles, joys, and random thoughts puts things into perspective for me. Plus you're all so dang entertaining!!

=My sweet children. Lately I feel like I can't hug them enough! They can be so tough and make me so frustrated, but my love for them has been and will always be my driving force. Being a mom is by far the most rewarding job ever.

What makes you smile today?

3 comments:

shannon j said...

Thanks for your thoughts. Today I am grateful that my test went well!

Megan said...

Ahhh---I love posts like this! I loved the broadcast too. I didn't hear it all, but I caught some of it at home and will finish it off for sure. I completely forgot about it cuz we were thinking we'd have family in town and then they didn't come.

I'm grateful for good friends. Today we went out with my great friend Lori who moved down here from Maple Valley. I can always count on her to help me with my kids at the last minute...no matter what else she has going on. Plus we can just talk and talk for hours. I'm so glad she's here.

Kelli said...

Meg-I just looked through your blog today and it was so inspiring.thanks for being such a great person and a great friend! I love you!!