Sunday, February 17, 2008

Home Reserve

When I finally gave up on my quest for a really cool looking chair and settled on really cool curtains and accent pillows, I started a new quest for a really boring looking chair for really cheap. I came across the Home Reserve website. It's similar to Ikea in that they save money by having the customer do the assembly. But they also save money by creating furniture that can be shipped in pieces through UPS, cutting bulk freight shipping charges. I was really hesitant to purchase but with over 600 positive customer comments on their site, I figured I could give them a shot. I ordered a very boring tan color microfiber(they have 93 fabrics which you can change whenever you want). It arrived in this box: Here are the contents of the box - 15 pieces of wood, some cushions, the covers, a pair of gloves to protect your hands from the wood, some plasic thingies(technical verbage here), sandpaper(optional use - I didn't use it), and some screws:

Here is the frame assembled:
Annnnnnd...ta da!!
My biggest fear was that the chair would be really small. It is a bit smaller in height than my sectional in the same room, but it doesn't look out of place. It is by no means a really nice chair, but for the price, durability(this thing's solid), the ease in assembly(I put it together during one American Idol), and the versatility(I still have 92 other covers I can choose to change to) I think it was a pretty cool thing!

9 comments:

Carrie said...

So cool... I'm totally going to check out their site. I think it looks really nice. And way to go on putting it together. I would've just waited around for Tyler to do it. What a modern woman you are!

Megan said...

LOL Ian was out of town...But I've actually enjoyed putting together furniture...provided the directions are clear and concise.

shannon j said...

Wow!! I am impressed. It looks really nice. I don't think I could have put that together without Dave's help!

Shannon B said...

Really cute videos of your kiddos! I can't believe David is sooo old because I have never met him!!!! :0( He looks so much like Ian!!

I really like your chair too...it looks REALLY nice!

Sheila said...

Wow, I'm soo impressed, you really are superwoman I've determined. I'm pretty sure there's nothing you can't do! Very nice! ...oh and I really love the chair too!

Megan said...

Looks good! I've never heard of that site! How funny that it comes in a box! Great job!

Amber and Co. said...

That chair looks great! How fun that you assemble it! Good job!

Unguren said...

I am so impressed that you put that chair together. That is all just impressed.

Nate and Amy said...

What a woman! It looks great, and I'll bet you will enjoy it much better because you actually made it yourself!