Saturday, February 2, 2008

My Top Ten

My friend, Rebekah listed her top 10 favorite things and I thought it was a cute idea, so here are mine!!

These are just my top ten for right now - subject to change at any time, and in no particular order.
Being crafty. I am a jack of all trades, master of none - but I do love attempting to try new crafts and new ideas. I have plenty of crafts that I've started that are all about halfway done, some only barely begun.
Baking. I think the one reason I love baking so much is because I love eating baked goods. Either way I enjoy it!
Blogging. It has been so fun to keep in touch with friends and family through blogging. I think sometimes I get a bit addicted and check everyone's blogs too often. I just love seeing pictures and hearing everyone's thoughts.

A clean house. I thought the above picture was hilarious, but in all actuality I love having a clean house. When I was a kid my room was always the messiest place in the house. One time my mom took all of my toys and put them in the trash can for like a month. However, since having kids I've realized how much better I function in a clean house. And since being in this big, beautiful house, I've realized how rewarding it feels to keep it clean. I remember my mom always saying(after I'd finally clean my room), "Doesn't it just feel good when everything is put away?" So, yes Mommy, it feels good.

Smells. I love good smells. I have so many air fresheners in my car and plenty of smelly things in my house. I have 3 plug in things and candles all over. Oddly enough - I'm allergic to many fragrances, so all of my soaps and laundry detergents are fragrance free. Some are my favorite smells are: warm spicy smells, tropical smells, and the laundry aisle at the grocery store.
Spring!! I just love all of the colors, smells, and warmth that spring brings.
Shopping. What a cliche thing for a girl to love. I never used to love shopping, and I loathed window shopping. But lately I love it. I could walk for hours(or shop online for hours), never buy anything, and still have a great time. Of course it's much better when I do buy things, but it's not a total loss if I don't.

Best friends. I have been so blessed to have amazing friends. Especially those who we've moved far from, yet still have contact.

Good books. I love reading! Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm has been my favorite book since I was little. I've been trying to expand my library lately and right now I'm attempting all of the Jane Austen books...wish me luck!
My cute ipod. I thought they were kind of silly...until I got one. I listen to music as often as I can and having my ipod has been wonderful. I can take it in the car, plug it into the computer, or into a set of speakers that we keep in our kitchen so I can listen to anything, anytime.
So that's it! My top ten. Of course no list of favorites would be complete with out my family - my favorite thing in the whole world. If I were to list the reasons they are my favorite I would be here all day. I'll just summarize by saying they are the reason I get out of bed each day and the last thought I have before falling asleep each night. I love my husband and kids.

5 comments:

Nate and Amy said...

I love your top ten! I miss you! Do you have a web-page for your bows? I love having a clean house as well, I just wish it was self-cleaning.
Amy

Ruth said...

i need a picture of y'all for my fridge

Unguren said...

Those are a great top 10. I have to say that most of those are my favorite too.

Megan said...

Mmm....I love a clean house too. Maybe too much sometimes. But my kids are getting good at cleaning w/ me since I can't bend over as easily right now!

Oh and mmmmm for your baking!

Rebekah said...

Great list Megan. I love that clean house sign. I'll remember that the next time I don't want to clean my bathrooms, then I won't feel to guilty when I put it off another day. ;)