Monday, March 3, 2008

For Katie

My brother in law, James, posted a picture of his daughter, Katie, with marker all over her. Apparently that's just what happens when Dad's in charge for a couple of hours. Case in point: Mckenna 2 summers ago when I was gone on a girls' weekend:



Unfortunately for her, it was permanent marker. Ian looked online and found the removal solution: toothpaste. The watery red eyes are because the minty fumes were getting in her eyes. So don't worry, Katie, you're not alone. You and Mckenna can swap stories when you're older.

7 comments:

Shannon said...

I still feel terrible about leaving that Sharpie on the bedroom floor!

Megan said...

Yep I will forever blame you for the torture my child went through to get that marker off. You should be ashamed of yourself. Should I blame you for leaving the scissors out that Emma cut Mckenna's hair with, too? ;)

Carrie said...

Well, I personally am so grateful you posted this because a) my children have never done it, so I of course am thanking my lucky starts, and b) I know what to do WHEN it happens to us!

Megan said...

Yah, luckily ours were washable markers. I love the picture James took of Katie cuz he didn't even fix her hair out of her face. When I got up from my nap, they were on their way to the bath - i would have missed it all by 10 minutes!

Unguren said...

All I could say when I saw that was "Oh No!" She looks so sad and so cute all at the same time. She is like a little kitten with the black nose and stripes.

Anonymous said...

LOL! I love that girl Mckenna!

Dan~Kerst~Bree~Bryce~Braden~Briggs~Brooklyn said...

We've had both washable and permanent marker incidents. My child is a monkey and somehow finds pens. That's good to know about the toothpaste trick--I'm sure I'll need it sometime. :)