Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Idol Part Deux

OK here are my thoughts...
Michael Johns: Literally from the first note I knew the song would be good. I thought the combination of the songs was interesting, but it totally worked. So amazing.


David Cook: WOW. What an arrangement. It was artistic, beautiful, it was sung with meaning - awesome performance.


Brooke White: I agreed with both Randy and Simon, although not to the same extreme. I thought the beginning and the end of the song were spot on(I love that expression, but only if you say it with a British accent), but I found my attention drifting towards the middle because it was so like the original. I just love the soul in her voice, though.


Carly Smithson: I thought it was a good performance, but she's had much better.


Jason Castro: Here are my thoughts on this guy: American Idol is not for him. That doesn't mean I don't like his singing. I actually think he's an amazing musician and I would be one of the first to buy his album. He reminds me of Jack Johnson/Colbie Caillat. I love his style. But he is not a performer. If I close my eyes while he's singing and imagine I'm listening to the radio, I love him. He's just too goofy and uncharismatic for TV.


David Archuleta: Not a favorite performance. I agree with Simon - he said David should be singing at Disneyland with a bunch of animated characters jumping around behind him. I'd been thinking it sounded like some Christian rock concert. Very uplifting and sweet - but musically blah.


Chikezie: I definitely didn't enjoy his ballad as much as his more fun songs, but I thought it was better than his last ballad and I enjoyed it. I disagreed with the judges when they said it sounded too old fashioned - I've thought that about him before - but this time I thought it was nice.


Ramiele Malubay: Way off key. I thought it was a good song choice, but apparently her voice was having a bad day.


Syesha Mercado: She did well...but she's nothing new to me. Her voice sounds very familiar and unexciting.


Kristy Lee Cook: I totally disagreed with the judges. I thought her song choice was soooooooo lame. "God Bless the U.S.A?!" Was she trying to get the military vote or something? Lame song, with just an OK performance. Please send her home.

7 comments:

Unguren said...

Lucky for you Blake and I never vote...so we could be sending everyone home.

Unguren said...

Or just one person, take your pick.

shannon j said...

So what did you think about Chikezie getting the boot? He didn't do that well last night, but I think he is better than Kristy!

Carrie said...

So I was totally in love with David Cook, thought he was a genius. Then I found out that COLLECTIVE SOUL did that arrangement of Billie Jean.... and he just took all the credit without even batting an eye...

Megan said...

Silly Carrie... When Ryan introduced the song he said it was the Collective Soul arrangement. He wasn't trying to hide that.

the speers said...

haha, i love you! I don't like kristi cook AT ALL!! her song was SO cheezy!! I missed the first half cus our home teacher was here, but i loved David Cook--this is the first time I liked him. He even looked amazing, and I would be so happy if he won!!

Megan said...

*edit* it wasn't Collective Soul's arrangement, it was Chris Cornell's