Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Newest Emma-ism

Em: Mom, some of the girls at school say that girls don't like boys.

Me: Oh...What do you think?

Em: I think they're wrong.

Me: Well did you tell them that?

Em: No.

Me: Why not?

Em: I didn't want them to be mad at me.

Me: Well do you like David? He's a boy. And do you like Dad? He's a boy.

Em: Yeah...

Me: Well next time they say that, you can say that you like your brother and you like your dad, and they're boys. I bet your friends at school like their dads and they might even like their brothers.

Em: OK! (As she skips away)

2 comments:

shannon j said...

Oh how sweet. I wonder when she will pick up from her friends that boys have "kuddies"..or maybe girls don't say that anymore. Who knows..its been a while since I've been on the 5 year old scene.

Unguren said...

Everything always makes more sense when someone explains it.