Monday, March 24, 2008

Simplify

So not only is my blog redo super simplified, but I'm hoping it will inspire me to simplify my life as well. We are finally getting a break from our continual onslaught of family and friends(OK so it actually was very very very nice and I absolutely love having visitors) so I can now focus on my family, my home, and my health. Because of our many visitors, our lives have become a bit crazy. My kids' sleep schedules are way out of whack, everyone is sick with some illness, I have a thousand to-do projects lying around(literally...there's a whole bedroom set of furniture that's been lying on the garage floor - half painted - for over a month), and I just feel like a truck has run me over and then dragged me by my ear for a mile. Here is my simplified to-do list in random order(kinda like my brain right now):

Do More:
furniture painting
exercising
scripture reading
hair bow making/selling
healthy eating
arranging play dates for Kenna
organizing(especially the area in the kitchen by the phone)
picture hanging/decorating
spending more time being active with my kids
meal planning

Do Less:
shopping
eating
wasting time on the computer(no more than 30 minutes at a time)
procrastinating

I'm enjoying this simplification so much that I rewrote this list in order to simplify it a bit more...

Wish me luck!! Anyone else have any other ways to simplify your lives?

5 comments:

Megan said...

Can we have Katie and McKenna play dates?

Having Carson (and the price of gas) has simplified my life in the fact that we stay home! I bake more, play more, clean more, go to the park more. I feel like my life is more organized and I have more time with my kids because we are home. That being said, I do want to start walking (this is the perfect time of the year!) but my desire to go everywhere has decreased and I enjoy just being home with the kids!

Thanks for the inspiration and super cute pics of the kids!

Shannon B said...

I really like the cute simplification of the blog and very much admire you for simplification of the life too! We are trying that out now too. We always have someone coming our going and craziness all around, it's nice just to not really HAVE to do anything. Like Megan B, I too, love just being home and I get TONS done around the house, as well as playing with the kids more, reading to them more etc. Thanks for the reminder, and good luck to you!

shannon j said...

Cute new blog, and I love the new pictures!

The main thing I want to do is simplify our meals. Eat out less and make more at home. I'm trying to get out of having the traditional meal every night (meal, carb, and a little bit of veggies). I want my meals to be centered on veggies and grains more. We made some quinoa the other night and it was really tasty.

Next, I want to simplify our entertainment. We don't go out a whole lot but we spend WAY too much time on the computers. Now that it's getting lighter later and will eventually get warmer, I want to be outside more and do more outdoorsy activities.

Rebekah said...

Great goals and lists. I need to get back into the swing of things too now that we are out of the hotel. Limiting computer time to just 30 minutes a pop is a good idea.

Anonymous said...

That's great Megan! Remember I did that and took a month off from the computer?!!! It really helped to focus on everything else that I needed to. Good Luck with simplifying! With your frame of mind and the goals you have set (your list)you will succeed and you will be happier!
You go MEGAN!!! Love the blog look and the kids look so cute! Miss you guys! Love ya!